Messages Not Received
rfo

I am not receiving text messages from one person. However, if that person is part of a group text I get the text. Has worked fine until yesterday. How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages Not Received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive all of your messages is important, rfo. Thanks for those details regarding your issue. That is bizarre that you can receive messages from that person when it is a group message. Let's keep working on this. As tikibar1 stated there was some issues with a recent update, but there has been another updated since then to correct these issues. Have you checked for updates for the Messages+ application? If not, you can check here: Play Store > Upper Left Menu > My Apps & Games.

Does your friend get any error messages when trying to send you messages? What happens when you delete and create a new conversation with this user?

JosephE_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Numerous threads have been posted the past few days regarding issues occurring after updates to the Verizon Messages app.  You may want to search the forum.  Some users are switching to the phone's stock text app.  The latest update was released last night:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to ensure I receive all my messages rfo. When did this start? Are you using a third party messaging app on your phone or the standard messaging app? Where there any recent changes made to your device when this started?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rfo

This started on Saturday February 4th. I am using the standard message

app that came with the phone. The bizarre thing is I can receive

messages from this person if they are part of a group text. Individual

texts with the person do not work. They receive mine, I do not receive

theirs.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to receive all of your messages is important, rfo. Thanks for those details regarding your issue. That is bizarre that you can receive messages from that person when it is a group message. Let's keep working on this. As tikibar1 stated there was some issues with a recent update, but there has been another updated since then to correct these issues. Have you checked for updates for the Messages+ application? If not, you can check here: Play Store > Upper Left Menu > My Apps & Games.

Does your friend get any error messages when trying to send you messages? What happens when you delete and create a new conversation with this user?

JosephE_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes