Messages Plus app
dvan1966

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 for my personal phone. I started a new job and was issued a iPhone 12 thru Verizon with a work #. I use messages plus on my S22 for texting and the apple messaging app on the iPhone. I installed Messages plus on the iPhone and logged in under my personal number so I can get personal texts while working because I don't want to carry 2 phones. I came across the "calling" setting in messages on the iPhone and set it up. It was my understanding I can make calls thru the app under my personal # and it works. What I didn't realize is that I can receive calls from my personal # too. I had a call after setting it up and both phones rang. 

I guess it is supposed to work this way?

I stopped by the verizon store prior to finding out how to do this and was asking about doing this and they had no idea how to do it unless both phones were on the same account and I would have a dual sim card or something.

This has me thinking, the phones are on different accounts, but in my name. Would it be possible to put anyones number that has messages plus and get their texts? The more I think about this the more confused I get.

Hopefully someone can explain this to me.

0 Likes
Re: Messages Plus app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! Great question. You can set up any phone, as long as you have them both, as you need to authenticate the app. Also, you can only add one number to the Verizon Messages+ app. I hope this helps.  

~Aaron

0 Likes
Re: Messages Plus app
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@dvan1966 wrote:

.    .   .   

This has me thinking, the phones are on different accounts, but in my name. Would it be possible to put anyones number that has messages plus and get their texts? The more I think about this the more confused I get.

Hopefully someone can explain this to me.

According to the Integrated Messaging FAQ's, https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/  you can use any compatible device.  You DO have to log in to the phone number's PROFILE (with PASSWORD) to sync messaging.  You can't use ANY number unless you know the PROFILE's login credentials.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes