Messages app crashing at start on iphone
Crewsmallz

Messages + app is crashing at startup on iPhone (most updated software), no recent update to the app was done or available, was working fine yesterday this morning nothing. If I put phone in airplane mode app will open when I reconnect to network stays open but if I just try to open the app it crashes while trying to connect? Anyone else having this issue??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages app crashing at start on iphone
Nava235

Same problem on iPad Pro as of early this morning

0 Likes
BLAZERGRAD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exact same issue on iPhone 7 Plus.... app was working fine yesterday (3/21) and as of today it crashes/closes on startup.  I have deleted and re-installed the app from the App Store but it didn't help.

0 Likes
WHTSHADOW01

Issue on iPadPro.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice.  I turned WiFi off.  I restarted The iPadPro several times.  All to no avail.

Help?

0 Likes
AudiKris

Same. Just started happening yesterday evening.

0 Likes
JCotrel

Same problem on IPad Pro and iPhone X. Ok yesterday, crashes today on both devices.

0 Likes
CortDavid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem on iPhone 7+. Deleted and reinstalled app, rebooted phone, still didn’t fix the issue.

0 Likes
Ste1403s

I have the same problem. With Verizon support (tech 2) on the phone, I reset the device, deleted and reinstalled, reset network, and finally reset all on the iPad Air. Nothing has worked.

0 Likes
Re: Messages  app crashing at start on iphone
CortDavid
Enthusiast - Level 2

So.. it works now. Or at least mine does. I haven’t tried anything new, it just magically started working. You may want to try It again, see if yours works also. Smiley Happy

Re: Messages  app crashing at start on iphone
BLAZERGRAD
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here cortd9810 .... I just tried mine after reading your response and it's working now.