Messages aren't sending to one person?
a_kirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an iPhone 7 and my messages aren’t sending to just one contact. I tried restarting my phone, I tried turning it off and leaving it for a bit and turning it back on, I made sure iMessage is on and send as SMS is on. I tried turning iMessage off and turning it back on.

My messages send but never show delivered and the person never gets them. After I turned on send as SMS, my messages go through green but it takes a lot longer than an iMessage would.

Labels (1)
Re: Messages aren?t sending to one person?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akirkwood5222 - Being able to send text messages to all of your contacts is crucial. I am confident that we will resolve the text messaging issue you're having. Are you able to receive text messages from the person who is not receiving your text messages? Do they have an iPhone?  

JacobV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
a_kirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

We both have iPhones. I tried updating my phone and am on the current IOS. Her IMessage is turned on as is mine. I’ve restarted my phone twice, her phone is up to date.

Our messages are now going through but as SMS when we used to use IMessage all of the time. Neither of our olans with our carriers have recently changed.

i have my iMessage on and my texts are all sending as SMS to her, I don’t even have the option to send as an IMessage. Before, when I first turned on my ‘send as SMS’ preference, the messages were sending blue (iMessage) and after a minute would turn green and send as SMS. Now, they’re not sending as iMessage at all and going straight as sending green (SMS)

0 Likes
a_kirkwood
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is This possibly an apple issue? Ive been googling it and I’ve seen the same problem on the Verizon threads so I figured I’d try asking here first

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for making sure your software is up to date akirkwood5222 . I'm happy the message are being received by your friend but concerned that you're not able to send them via iMessage. If the messages are showing sent on your end through Imessage but the're not receiving them, the issue is not with your phone or service. Lets trouble shoot her phone to get this resolved.Which iphone does she have? She can try resetting her network settings http://vz.to/2dbNca7 . ARe you both in the same house hold or zip code?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes