Messages+ egift Resend After Delete
benecyajackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

Facts:

-A Month or So Ago, I sent my friend an egift through the app

-egift was a $75 Amazon egift card (code) for use on Amazon.com (Non-ttansferable, single use code you enter.  Once entered it can only be utilized by the Amazon user it was entered by and value cannot be sent to another user except through purchase redemption).

-The egift SMS was sent to a number used on a device not that was neither using Verizon messager+ not a subscriber of Verizon's network. 

-when sending any egift I cannot see the redemption information, just an image still representing the front of the card

-I had locked the message after sending, but later erased all of my messaging data in settings>apps>all>Verizon messager>force stop>clear all because of hiccups I was experiencing.

-NO, I did not backup my sms first (I know)

-The receiver of the gift card deleted the message or has otherwise lost access to the egift (lost phone or what I personally think is due to an unpaid prepaid bill) and did not save the card or apply it to their amazon account as I had advised.

- I was billed for this egift and paid that bill already.  However because we are unable to recover the message and I am unable to send/resend the egift card through the app (contact>egifts>drop down menu>select>send/resend),

QUESTION:

can I receive replacement, bill credit, or other remedy (manual resending of the message with Verizon intervention, mailed/emailed egift for easy retention, etc) that allows the recipient the opportunity to be gifted the egift now that the message is gone?

Previous Chat with representative returned nothing of value as they said they'd contact the egift department and text me when they heard back but instead text me to Direct me to the FAQ suggesting I resend the gift card through the app (ha-ha, like I didn't try that already). Still didn't hear back about what egift dept said.

-

Labels (1)
Re: Messages+ egift Resend After Delete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Benecyajackon, I can understand your concern on this. That is a lot of money to be out there that isn’t being used.  Have you been able to reach out to Amazon directly to see if they would be able to look up the transaction to see if they can re-send the code out to the recipient? http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200546120 Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
riddickroy45

I need help

0 Likes
Not applicable

HI benecyajackson

I'm equally sorry to hear you are having issues with eGifting.

Please email directly to this email address  VZWPDGiftingServices@VerizonWireless.com

and cc verizonmessages@verizonwirless.com

IMPORTANT:

In order to troubleshoot, we will need this information:

From phone number

To phone number

The date you sent your eGIft (close is good if you don't remember the actual date)

eGift card (Startbucks? Best Buy?...)

Amount of eGift

We'll work to resolve your issues.

THANKS,

ALIEM

0 Likes
benecyajackson
Enthusiast - Level 2

This transaction was actually for $50 on November 27th and the transaction was through VERIZON, I am looking at the VERIZON bill right now.  It isn't something AMAZON couldve charged me for as they don't have my billing information and I was not using an amazon related service, I was using a Verizon Wireless app on a Verizon wireless line on a Verizon wireless device on a Verizon wireless plan.  I highly doubt amazon would be able to identify who the gift was given to if they have no record of sale from me to them.  If they are able to identify who the gift was given to, its likely that the gift would have had to be received in order to do so; gift cards require no registration to receive them, but in amazons case the code would need to be first applied to a registered amazon account before it could be applied to a purchase after which it would be untransferable.  Seeing that the code has not yet been claimed and has not been applied to any amazon account,& seeing that Verizon was the sole seller of the product and also the deliverer of the product, and that product was not received I am requesting that another attempt be made to deliver that product, an identical product, or that I receive a refund for the value of the product from Verizon.

Not applicable

HI again,

If you still need assistance with your eGift cards, please follow the instructions below so that the Gifting team can resolve the case for you. Amazon has nothing to do with the process and can not be of assistance.

WHAT TO DO:

Please email directly to this email address  VZWPDGiftingServices@VerizonWireless.com

and cc verizonmessages@verizonwirless.com

Email Subject line: eGift issue

In order to troubleshoot, we will need this information:

From phone number

To phone number

The date you sent your eGIft (close is good if you don't remember the actual date)

eGift card (Startbucks? Best Buy?...)

Amount of eGift

Thanks again,

ALIEM

0 Likes