Messages+ error message:VMA DoProvision request failed
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to resync my phone with my tablet after my phone went to another provider (which uses the Verizon network). Here is the sequence of the issue:

1. I moved my phone from Verizon wireless to a different provider (still on the Verizon network)
  2. My tablet, which was synced to that phone all of a sudden could not load Messages+ without erasing all the texts it had accumulated.
  3. When the erasing finished, Messages+ acted as if it had never been on my tablet before by sending me to the initial setup page "Start Messaging"
  4. When i enter the phone number to sync to it sends a text to my phone with a code.
  5. I enter the code and press "next" and get the error message: VMA DoProvision request failed.
  6. I disabled Messages from my tablet, cleared the data & cache and restarted my tablet - no luck.

Anyone know how to get around this? Is there someone at Verizon that I can talk to about this? My tablet is on Verizon account as well. This used to work fine until I removed my one phone from the Verizon provider.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
Re: Messages+ error message:VMA DoProvision request failed
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't believe no one has an answer to this. Anywhere else to look? Anyone I can talk to?

0 Likes
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon customer support,  any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it.You can get it here

Verizon Messages - Android Apps on Google Play

but I have a feeling that it has something to do with your different provider. What provider is it?

0 Likes
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I did the whole bit - cleared Data Cache, disabled the app then reinstalled the updates. I don't see how it is the provider since the table is Verizon and that's where I'm getting the error message after getting the security code on my phone. The provider for the phone is Flash Wireless.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1
0 Likes
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done extensive research on Flash Wireless. Thanks for the input. Still having the issue. Had to use Pulse messenger to accomplish this. Would rather use Messages+.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MauiSpud56, we certainly want to do everything we can to help sync your messages. Let's gather some additional information to ensure that we're all on the same page. Can you please verify the make/model of your tablet and your cell phone? Are you currently able to use the Verizon Messages (Message+) app on your cell (without syncing) now that you're currently with a different provider?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Aloha,

The phone is a Samsung Note 4 and still can run Messages just fine. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and it used to run Messages just fine until i switched the phone. Once that happened, Messages cleared the data from my tablet and needed me to start over with the phone number. That's when I get the errors.

Thank you.

0 Likes
MauiSpud56
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just checking in. Not liking the Pulse app as much as Messages+

0 Likes