Messages from Google and Banks (BofA, Chase, etc.) not going through after port
gracew2011

Much like many other people who transferred from other providers to Verizon (and ported their numbers over), I'm unable to receive short code messages from a number of companies, like Google (46645, 466453, and 48368), Bank of America (692632), and Chase Bank (24273). I could receive all of these messages just fine on AT&T.

When I called Verizon Customer Support, the representative was not only rude but also extremely unhelpful. She went through a number of "stupid" fixes, like restarting my phone, sending test messages from the website, checking premium message blocking (which was not on, so nothing should be blocked), etc. She ignored the fact that I told her I can receive regular text messages (from other cell phones) and certain short code messages (i.e., from NCAA, NHL, and a few others) just fine. I've also tried deleting and re-entering my phone number on these websites and re-sending verification codes or test messages several times. Ntohing gets through. It's been almost a month since I ported my number over.

When the rep couldn't figure out the problem, she told me to just sync my Google calendar with my phone and then I wouldn't need text notifications for events. That's nice, I did sync my phone, but I still want text message notifications not just from Google but also from my banks. Not only are reminders and alerts blocked, but also the SafePass codes from Bank of America, so I can't transfer money because the codes are going off into the thin air. She then told me it was a problem with my banks, and asked for my account usernames and passwords so she could log into my bank accounts online and "see if she could duplicate the problem." Thanks, but no thanks.

A previous thread about the same exact issue:

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Messaging-Text-Picture-IM-etc/Unable-to-receive-SafePass-text-msgs-from-...

The last post suggested getting Customer Care to open a ticket with the 'aggregator' that BofA, Chase, and Google use to send these short code messages through. Other people have had their messages "magically" start working again, randomly. Others have been told to wait the magical 37 days for these messages to start working. I can't even send a message to Verizon Support online about this because I'm on a business account and I don't have the account password. I'm resorting to the forum to voice my frustration.

Can I PLEASE get someone from Verizon to fix this?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages from Google and Banks (BofA, Chase, etc.) not going through after port
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call Customer Care and have them open a ticket with the aggregator for BofA 692632, Chase 24273, and Google 46645.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Messages from Google and Banks (BofA, Chase, etc.) not going through after port
RomeoYankee
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call Customer Care and have them open a ticket with the aggregator for BofA 692632, Chase 24273, and Google 46645.

0 Likes
gracew2011

Thanks. I tried again this morning. This rep was much more helpful, even if she seemed to have no idea what the aggregator was. She did find a 'tool' for starting an 'investigation' into short codes that aren't being received. I'll hopefully have an answer in a week. I'll report back whether that worked or not.

0 Likes
gracew2011

For anyone who is having the same problem I did, I'm happy to report that I am now receiving my messages again!!

0 Likes
robhalsell

Can someone put what they actually did?

The techs I am talking to now at VZW are clueless to what this issue is.  Can you provide your old case # or something?

0 Likes
gracew2011

I'm afraid there isn't any good answer and I don't have a case number. I posted above what I told the customer support rep and she managed to get it working again. You may have to try calling again and see if you can get another rep who has some idea of what the 'aggregator' thing is and how to submit a ticket to get it fixed for your line.

0 Likes