Messages + iPhone 6 Can't eGift
OUTLAWNYC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time i try to use Messages + to try to send an egift I get the error message : "Purchase Error  Please add a credit card to purchase"... but there is no place to add a credit card. Additionally it says under the egift card: egift Cards will be charged directly to your VZ account.

I have verizon messages + 2.3.1, an iPhone 6 running the latest iOS.

Customer service and I don't see any issues with blocks or anything like that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages + iPhone 6 Can't eGift
deloused
Master - Level 3

How long has your phone number been active with Verizon, and what plan are you on? Is your account bundled with landline, TV or Internet services? Has it ever worked for you before?

0 Likes
Re: Messages + iPhone 6 Can't eGift
OUTLAWNYC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just downloaded Messages + for the very first time. So I've never tried to use it in the past. According to the customer support people -- nothing is blocked from the Verizon side of things -- I looked at the blocks as well and there are none.  I'm the account owner.

We've been with Verizon for about 1 year now. I have an older family plan with about 10GB of data -- don't know the name of it and we don't have a bundle.

The weird thing is the app doesn't show any option to add a credit card despite asking me to do it. Customer Support also claims that my account is set up to allow the egift cards to be billed to my VZ account.

0 Likes