Messages is putting photos in a separate thread?
SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just upgraded my phone, and when restoring my messages it is showing 2 separate threads for everyone; one text and one pictures. How can I condense them??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages is putting photos in a separate thread?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SMKE10684, we greatly appreciate your business with your recent upgrade and know how important it is to restore all your texts to the new phone without issue. We would like to gather more details to proceed to the best resolution. What is the make and model of your phone? Which app do you use for text? Are the messages separate when you receive a new text and new picture from a particular person, so we can identify if this has only happened with old restored messages or continues to happen with new messages?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is only restored messages. It is not doing it with new incoming ones. I also used the smart switch, and it is not transferring all of my messages. I have some from a very close friend who passed away unexpectedly, and it went transfer them! My old phone was an LG G6. I was tried smart switch both by USB and wireless.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered  a SMS backup application from the Play Store? There is one I use and it has transferred numerous times over several phones and I got several years of text messages from those phones on my current phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

SMKE10684
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was trying both an SD card, and an app. I cant figure out how to restore though! I used an app, and it says it back up all the messages, but when I try to restore from the new phone, nothing happens. Is there one in particular you recommend? I think the one o tried was called SMS backup and restore. Had very good reviews.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's the one I use. You have to move the backup file from the old phone and place it on the new phone before you open the app on the new phone. Then you open the app to restore and point it to the file.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, SMKE10684. I have sent a private message to you.

TinaN_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes