Messages keeps asking for activation code
kathylene

I have been using Messages+ on my Droid Turbo, tablet, laptop and desktop for 6 months. I have started having problems the past week or so. On my laptop, I can no longer use the app. I open the program and it asks me to enter my cell number for activation code. I enter my phone number, get a text message with the activation code. I enter the activation code, click done and nothing happens on my laptop. I get a text message saying my device has been activated but my laptop still doesn't load the messages+ app. If I click done again it says to enter a valid security code.

My tablet will at least connect but I have to activate it about every two days. What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messages keeps asking for activation code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kathylene,

We understand the importance of having a properly working text app. Let's see what is going on with yours. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the apps on your laptop/tablet?  Once removed I recommend rebooting your device & then readding.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Messages keeps asking for activation code
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kathylene,

We understand the importance of having a properly working text app. Let's see what is going on with yours. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the apps on your laptop/tablet?  Once removed I recommend rebooting your device & then readding.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Messages  keeps asking for activation code
kathylene

Thank you for the quick reply. I am back up and running following your steps. If it happens again (usually within 3 days) I will get back to you.

Thank you again - I love this app and would be lost without it

0 Likes