Re: Messages+ makes no sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a closer look, please send us  Private Note for further assistance. 

0 Likes
lklawrie
Enthusiast - Level 1

"We can take a closer look, please send us  Private Note for further assistance. "

Be glad to.  How do I do that?

Linda

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iklawrie, having issues with your notifications can be a headache. What Samsung Galaxy device do you have? We found these steps that may be able to help you out. Check them out. Please go to settings > apps > click on message app > notifications > click on general notifications (the words not the on/off bar) and select which tone from there. Let us know if this helped you out, we will be standing by. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries, lklawrie. Are your notifications set up for the Messages+ app to allow for sounds? 

HannahS_VZW

0 Likes
lklawrie
Enthusiast - Level 1

From my original post and another: 

S20 phone (Samsung). Messages+ does not make sounds when notified.

I looked at the previous phone (S7) and it didn't either. I did not look at the S4 -- all of which we still have.

Only the Messages+ app (and system sound) does not have sounds. Messages app does. and all other sounds appear to be working -- including one that comes thru about 8am that we can't identify.

I tried to follow your suggstion: " Please go to settings > apps > click on message app > notifications > click on general notifications (the words not the on/off bar) and select which tone from there. "

I do not have "General Notifications" after I press on Notifications.

And this should answer whether the Messages+ app is set for notifications.
Screenshot_20201204-095138_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Iklawrie, thank you for sharing this helpful information. Making sure your husband is able to be alerted when he receives a new text message is important. Let's continue to review. Can you please share a screenshot of the Messages+  notification settings screen https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-209297/? We look forward to the results. 

0 Likes
lklawrie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here you go

Screenshot_20201205-101828_Message+.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the screenshots, lklawrie. It looks like you have everything set up correctly. Just to clarify, is the Message+ app the only one that you have issues with hearing any kind of notification? Do you get a visual notification at all? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
lklawrie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Messages+ is the one where we have noticed it the most.  Not sure about others.  Obviously the sounds come thru.  Yes, a popup and vibrate happens for Messages+ messages but vibrate is not always noticed. If you try to select a new one, it shows it as being selected but no sound is done when you select it.

And then there is the inability to change System Sounds from Galaxy and the menu when you bring it up is not the usual 4 or 5 system sounds.  If you try to select one of those, it doesn't change it nor make a sound when you select one.

All the sounds, ringtones, etc are shown with their extensions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lklawrie,

Thank you for the added information. This definitely sounds like the problem is isolated to just Messages+, based on all the great details you've provided for us. Let's keep working together on this. Please use the link here (http://spr.ly/6609H3xVZ) to go through with stopping the Messages+ application. Then, power your phone down for 2-3 minutes. Then, power it back on and go into the Messages+ application, and test out the sounds. Keep us posted with your success! 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes