Messages not being received or being delayed
DVUMP25

For the last week to ten days or so, I have had numerous problems receiving SMS text messages (with or without attachments; it doesn't matter). Almost all messages my contacts send me are either not received at all, or they are delayed for hours. I've got an HTC10 that's only 8 months old, not altered in any manner, and with no viruses or problems. Anyone else been having problems?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages not being received or being delayed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DVUMP25,

Being able to receive your messages is critical and we definitely want to figure out what might be going on. When exactly did this begin with the phone? What's your zip code and is the trouble isolated to any specific areas?

AdamG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSDOU10

I'm experiencing the same issue... for the past week or so, messages (sms and mms) have been delayed hours or lost sending/receiving.

When I finally receive messages, they all come in at once in a burst.

I have no problems with email, streaming content, downloading files or any other operation whether connected to wifi or 4G.

I have the MotoX 2nd Gen phone running Andriod 5.1.

Messaging app = Google Messaging (native to the phone)

Here is what I've tried so far:

- Different apps: VZ Message+ as well as Textra  - I get the same results.

- Tried switching off WiFi

- Sending myself a text message....delayed sent and message gets received many hours later.

- I've tested with other phones on my plan and there is no issue.  For example, my wife has an iphone6 and if someone sends us a group texts, her phone receives the message right away but I do not receive it for many hours.

Another note... yesterday evening I was receiving and able to send without delay but now it's back to the same problem.

Any direction you can offer to get this resolved?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Josdou10, we want to get to the bottom of this delayed text message mystery for you. You've tried some great steps so let's pick up from where you left off. Since this has been happening, have you powered your phone off, taken the SIM Card out for at least 1-2 minutes and then put SIM Card back in and power the phone on again? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204733/  Have there been any recent updates to your device (software related)?

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOSDOU10

Thanks for the reply.  Text messages began working again without delay over this past weekend.  This phenomenon has happened in the past for a day and would clear up on it's own.  This last episode occurred for over a week.

The device firmware was last updated Nov2016 which is the latest version.

No new apps were added recently... the system has been stable.

I've tried powering off/on the phone.  Once the phone powers up, I receive a burst of text messages but then reverts to the same delayed scenario.

I've also tried removing and reinstalling the sim card as described without any success.

Although the problem is no longer happening, I would like to understand what has happened and why.  I suspect this will occur again in the future and I would prefer to have a quick remedy.

0 Likes
JOSDOU10

Can you provide any more information?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOSDOU10,

Our goal is to make sure you receive those texts in a timely manner all the time. I appreciate the extra details in what you’ve tried. Without you having the problem currently, it is hard to figure out what would be the fix. However, when you are again experiencing the delayed texts, please put your phone in Safe Mode by following these steps: http://vz.to/2uIzva7   When in Safe Mode, this will disable all 3rd party apps. We suggest leaving  it in Safe Mode for at least a few hours/half a day to test out the texts to see if there is any delay. To turn off Safe Mode, you will turn your phone completely off & then back on. Please let us know the outcome of the test in Safe Mode.

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes