Re: Messages+ not pushing to android wear.
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I must be missing something. When I open Android Wear, I cannot find "Apps" so I can't go any further. Where is the Apps selection in Android Wear? I have version 2.0.0.169953239.gms and I am using a Motorola Maxx 2 phone.

0 Likes
nwilkins2271

Press and release the power button. The Play Store app will appear in the list of installed apps.

0 Likes
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ah - OK, you're talking on the watch, not on the phone. So I did that, tapped the play store, went to apps on your phone but Messages isn't listed there. I only have Connect, Messenger (FB) and Pandora.Music. Also, I am using an Asus Zenwatch 2.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

0 Likes
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

After some investigating, it looks like the Verizon Messaging app is no longer compatible with the Asus Zenwatch 2 (at least that is what it says in the play store when I looked at compatible devices). That's too bad since I really liked the way the app worked across multiple platforms. I had to go with Android Messages ... bad move Verizon 😞

0 Likes
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I was still having problems after several factory resets to the watch and several deletions of Android Wear 2.0. I got to the point that my watch and phone would not even sync - it was in a constant "updating" loop and would never clear. I found this solution on a Google site and I did it. It worked GREAT!! Now, using nwilkins2271​ way to load apps to the watch, not only does Verizon Messsages show up, so do a lot of other apps that I wasn't seeing before. Here is the link to what helped me (read ameilius' fix) Google Groups

Hope this helps!!

0 Likes
Rusty6523
Enthusiast - Level 2

stevejohnson460,

Could you help further? The message+ wear app is not pushing to my LG Sport.

I have done everything in this whole thread, I'm pulling my hair out. I have removed the sync from the phone message+ app, and factory reset the watch several times.
I have searched the list on the wear device to try and click install message+ but it does not show in that list.

We must have this app to sync our numbers, please give us an update on your coders progress.

Not to mention we are still waiting for them to fix the delete issue, once we do get the app on wear.

please help, do not let this die and ignore us, we live Verizon and need working devices. You insist on syncing with this app, that's fine with me, make it work!  PLEASE!!!

Rusty6523
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you at least give us the message+ wear apk so we can use adb to move it to our wear device since your coders can't seem to or won't update the latest version to work with wear 2.0?

Rusty6523
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, please have your coders check this guide for Android Wear. They need to follow this to make the message+ app available so that it can work on other watches besides the Wear24 , thank you.

Packaging and Distributing Wear Apps | Android Developers

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rusty6523, we understand the convenience of having the LG Sport to sync your messages. Unfortunately our support is very limited as we do not support the LG Sport. All of the steps listed in this thread has been great. I see you mentioned that you have tried them all. We would not be able to provide any further troubleshooting steps. You can submit feedback through the Verizon Messages application directly to the developers for possible future enhancements.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jedanielee
Enthusiast - Level 2

While your response might be a "valid" response, I don't think it's a reasonable one as watch apps are supposed to be compatible with Android Wear. Also, Verizon actively markets Verizon Messages (or Message+) as cross-platform to included, "even smart watches."

The fact is that Verizon Messages (VM+), in fact, WORKED on my Dark Blue LG Watch Sport (LG-W280). Not only was I able to install it on my LG-W280, because of VM+, I was able to make/take calls, send/receive texts and use LTE data, independently, on my watch. Yes, my phone would be off, miles away at home...

So, bottom line, why is VM+ no longer compatible with the LG-W280? Fix this!