Messages not updating
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the messages app on my new Pixel. For the first few weeks, it worked fine and I was getting notifications of messages. Now, I have to open the app to refresh it and then I will get notifications for messages that it says came in hours ago. How can I fix this? I get the notifications so those are not turned off, I just only get them when I go into the app.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages not updating
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's very concerning not getting you text messages on time. You shouldn't have to refresh in order to see your new messages. Let's definitely get this fixed. Please tell me which messaging application you are currently using to send/receive messages. Are you able to send messages fine?

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nic2123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am using the Verizon Messages+ app.

When this is happening, sometimes the sent messages will just say sending. However, sometimes I will get responses even though the messages say sending (meaning they were actually delivered). The other day the app refreshed and resent all my messages from the previous day again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nic2123, that would be frustrating! Do you have any problems using the stock app for texting? Do you know if people are having issues with receiving your texts?

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes