Messages + on Windows downgraded to the point of being useless
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Users of Messages + on Windows have found that older versions have stopped working, and that the current version, 3.0x, once installed, have NO OLDER MESSAGES.  Days, weeks, months, years of older messages are gone.  Instead of fixing synch, Verizon removed it for all older messages, and removed the SYNCH button.  

IMHO, this is a massive degrading of an important tool to many VZW subscribers.  Like anyone, I use M+ on my cell phone as needed, but it is painful for me, due to arthritis, to send longer messages from my phone.  Having M+ on my PC's has been useful for years.  One of the things I liked was finding older message threads for important information and history with someone.  On the PC, that's gone.    VZW won't tell me why they did this, and it seems pretty obvious they won't tell anyone.  BUT, reps have 'tried' to fix it for many of us.  Presumably the company didn't tell their own tech support what they'd done.

Now all we've left on PC's to use is the web access, and we all know how 'well' it works.

Verizon, please restore and fix message synch on M+ for Windows!

0 Likes
Re: Messages + on Windows downgraded to the point of being useless
billmiami

This is what I have been trying to avoid (see my thread entitled "Verizon Messages upgrade and message history").  I'm not clicking on any upgrade buttons until I can back up my history.  At the moment, I don't know how to do it.

Bill E.
Hollywood, FL

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

billmiami, we are here for your support. Let's review the details. Can you please let us know if the messages stored on your PC are still available to be viewed on your mobile device? -Sylvia

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

VZW customers can theoretically use their cloud to back up messages, but it only seems, maybe, to work from phones.  But you are not going to have a choice about M+ for Windows; at some point if you don't downgrade to the new version it stops working completely.

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

To Support, can you explain why we are forced to go to the new version of M+ that won't synch old messages?  And why this version won't let us see and search and reply to old messages?  IOTW, why the new M+ is such a massive downgrade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always working to improve our apps and will submit the feedback you have provided. We want to get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to sync the messages? *Rebecca

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We are always working to improve our apps and will submit the feedback you have provided. We want to get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to sync the messages? *Rebecca

There is NO option to initiate a SYNC of messages in the new Win10 M+ desktop app v3.0.1.  Uninstalling/re-installing only loads messages going back to a certain date.  Loading the desktop app this morning had me 'Start Messaging' again as if I had re-installed the app (which I hadn't, nor disconnected it from Integrated Messaging).  It only loaded messages since 10/31/21.  The last time it loaded messages since 9/21 so it appears it only loads/syncs about 30 days of messages.  How about getting some feedback to us from the Verizon Messaging Team about this?

AND MY CONTACTS ARE BACK TO #'s ONLY, WHERE BEFORE THEY WERE NAMES FROM THE WINDOWS MY PEOPLE CONTACT LIST!  Dang.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes