Re: Messages+ reads message with Do not disturb set
PhatDuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem on my S7 and now I have it on my S10. I checked notifications settings and none were checked to override do not disturb, but this has REPEATEDLY woken me up. I am SUPER sensitive to being woken up and find it very hard to get back to sleep. Obviously this problem has been unsolved for a LONG time so it's clear this app is a loser. What good is DND if any app can punch through it and disrespect my sleep?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that I also don't like to have my sleep interrupted, PhatDuck. I do apologize that you had this issue previously with your Galaxy S7, and now your Galaxy S10. I also appreciate your efforts to check the notification settings as outlined earlier in this thread. I wanted to gather some additional clues so that I can help lift this up further. It sounds like you have started to use a different messaging application; has this issue persisted with the other messaging application? What happens when the device is in Safe Mode? Here's how to restart the device in Safe Mode: http://spr.ly/6607Es21N

Has this persisted with each version of Verizon Message+, or did it stop happening and come back recently?

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes
PhatDuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zero problems with the new messaging app, so it's Message+ for sure. There's nothing about that app that's so important that I need to go through any more hassle trying to make it work - I'm done with it!

Not sure how long it was a problem with the S7 - most people have the sense not to text me in the middle of the night.

0 Likes