Messages received without service show "sent" times as if they were sent from my area code, rather than original location.
beowulfey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is this intentional behavior? Anyone else seeing this sort of thing?

I'm currently on the west coast but have an east coast phone number. If I receive a text message from a friend on the west coast while on airplane mode, and then turn off airplane mode, the text gets accepted with an east coast timestamp. It's not a problem, but I was curious as to how the timestamps are being registered. It suggests they may be stored by Verizon as if they originated from MY area code, even if they haven't.

Just something I noticed! I'm on an Android phone, so it may be particular to my ROM, but thought it was interesting nonetheless.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages received without service show "sent" times as if they were sent from my area code, rather than original location.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get to the bottom of this, beowulfey! When this occurs are you arriving on the West Coast? Does this only occur when you're coming out of airplane mode? Please provide me with a few details.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes