Messages+ receiving duplicate texts
amymlarsen0305
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have had my Galaxy S10+ for a couple months now with no issues. Woke up and noticed that the Messages+ app was receiving a duplicate of EVERY text I received. When switching the default message app to the standard Android Messages, the problem stops.

Have tried partitioning system cache, clearing App caches, deleting App data, and restarting the phone multiple times but nothing has worked. Checked for a system update but I am currently up-to-date as well.

Very frustrating.

Re: Messages+ receiving duplicate texts
Mikel1990
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a the exact same issue. It stated this morning and seems to be only happening on mms messages, like any group text or picture message. When I switch to the stock android app the problem dissappears, as soon as I'm back on Messages+ it begins again. I've force closed and erased the apps data and cache but the problem comes right back as soon as I start it up again. Perhaps this is a system issue if it's affecting multiple users. 

hpwexler

Me too! It is quite annoying. But i am thinking that this must be a system wide issue since we all seem to be having this issue today. 

0 Likes
Mikel1990
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it's too coincidental for multiple users to have the same exact issue on the app, all starting this morning. Especially seeing as relatively few users will take the time to use this forum to try and address the issue. So if just 4 or 5 users appear here in short order with the exact same situation it reflects a magnitude of users well beyond. 

0 Likes
sbrooks2583

My husband and I both have the same issue. Started this morning. 

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support Is someone looking into this and can they respond? The Messaging Team?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Mikel1990
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does Verizon tech help monitor these forums? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your apps to function as they are supposed to. We appreciate you providing the steps that you have taken. Have you uninstalled the app and re-installed it?

BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support, @BrittanyC_VZW Has someone in the Messaging Group identified a cause of replicated texts?  Have they informed you that uninstalling/re-installing the app will resolve the issue?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing some issues with the Message+ application (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/), sbrooks2583. We are committed to resolving this issue for you.

Do you experience duplicate incoming messages from specific contacts?

Do you notice any improvement if you power your phone off for one minute and then power it on?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes