Messages+ recent upgrades fail to impress
DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Browsing several different groups and forums online, it's plain to see that the last few updates to Verizon Messages have caused some major problems.  I'm very surprised that VZW is not addressing the issues which appear widespread.  For about a month now, the web version of Messages+ does not sync properly and quite often won't allow messages to be sent...clicking send either hangs in limbo or the button is completely grayed out.  If the message does (seem to) send properly, the recipient never receives the message.  This has happened multiple times within my family...one family member will text me from the Messages+ on the web and I never receive the message.  In addition, even when messages are read they are still showing on either the phone or the web app that they are unread.  I've gone through all the usual troubleshooting steps...clearing data, clearing cache, remove/reinstall, etc.  I've been a huge supporter of this app from day one, but this app is taking major steps backward.  If I wasn't so reliant on the web app, I would just switch to the default text app or Google Messages.  In the meantime, I hope VZW considers rolling the web app and phone app back a few builds when both were working fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages+ recent upgrades fail to impress
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DobieG, we appreciate your loyalty and that you are on board with Messages+. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process. I can assure you we are working hard to update and repair the issues going on.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DobieG
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rather than wait for an update that fixes the problems - or waiting for Verizon to just roll back the app to what is what 5 updates ago - I decided to go with MightyText.  I'm on Android and MightyText is working perfectly on my PC and integrated right away with my Gmail account.  Went back to the LG stock messaging app on my phone.  Disabled Verizon Messages on my phone and web and all is good again.  Really too bad - Verizon Messages was absolutely fantastic until the 2017 updates.

0 Likes
kevinbourne75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately this doesn't help us people who are not allowed to install applications on their computer.

I need a web browser interface. The web interface works for a few hours than all of a sudden my texts won't get through. The worst thing is I have no idea when it happens. I still receive incoming texts but I can no longer send texts. Frustrating since I can't have my phone with me all day.

0 Likes