Re: Messages say sent but not delivered
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Lhoffman1011 No change. I am in the process of answering VZW's latest suggestion.

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3
@vzw_customer_support "Request Receipt" is enabled. It has always been enabled, before and after the problem started.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want to provide clarification, Lhoffman1011. Seeing "Delivered" or "Sent" is just a confirmation that your message was sent. We are always updating our messaging app so I apologize for any inconvenience caused. You can rest assured that your messages are being delivered. I will lift up your feedback to the Message + IT team so that this is addressed. Rest assured, your message app is working as intended.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

As I already stated in my post, we already KNOW the messages are being delivered. That's not the issue. We need the functionality restored that shows "Delivered", not just "Sent". It worked fine and now it does not work.

I want assurance that this problem is reproduced, diagnosed, resolved, and re-released from the DEVELOPMENT team as soon as possible. I and my business associates use this feature 24/7.

Please post a timeframe for when we can expect this to be completed.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts, Syd-Lexic! Let's keep working to figure out what's causing this. Since the issue began, do you know if any of the impacted lines have had device changes? Are they running Android or iOS software? Are the users having the same issue when messaging back to you, or is the issue only occurring when you message them? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
bkgobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was having issues with sending messages from my laptop using the the messages plus windows app. I was  having trouble sending messages to my wife who also is a verizon customer . My messages would send fine from my phone but not from the laptop.It would say sent but they wouldn't go through to her or show up on my phone. I went in to the settings in the desktop app and then went to advanced setting and then to enable chat. I turned off the chat option and now the messages to my wife are going through fine plus they are showing up on my phone as they should.  Maybe see if the chat option is enabled on your phone app and if it is, maybe turning it off will help. Good luck!

0 Likes
Clynn97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and I am using a new Moto Z4 and  Message+ version 6.9.12

Started 3 weeks ago for me and keeps getting worse and tech support is no help. Reading all these replies it is obvious that it's not just me. My son in Texas and my sister and my husband are all exhibiting some sort of issues and they all have different phones but the same message+ app. Please help !

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clynn97, I can understand the frustration that your messages are not showing they are being delivered. We are happy to help in any way possible. To clarify, does this happen with every message you send from Message +?  Are you experiencing the same issues with standard Android Messages?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
ROSELAKER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue with the message + app. It started about a month ago. Has there been any effort towards resolution? Thank you 

0 Likes
Syd-Lexic
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sometime in the last 3 weeks the problem has disappeared, which confirms it was systemic and not client-related. It disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. The problem was also self-documenting, because I could always go back to past message info to see if each message said just Sent or Delivered. i.e., the message status never changed on the problem messages.

I would like to reiterate that vzw support on this forum is ineffective for all but the most simple of questions. They should have acknowledged they had a system problem from day one (because it was so obvious to any logical person), then escalate it and provide updates. Their only contributions to this thread were obfuscation, wheel-spinning and wasted time.