My company sends messages to its paying customers using firstname.lastname@example.org. It seems that these messages recently stopped being delivered. We use SendGrid for mail delivery, and SendGrid reports that the messages were accepted for delivery by the destination server.
I have tested this by sending messages to my own phone from different domains with different SendGrid API keys, and the messages are not received, though SendGrid's dashboard indicates that the messages were accepted for delivery by Verizon. These domains are configured with correct SPF records, etc. When I try sending the messages from my gmail account, they are received without issue. Other providers than Verizon do not seem to be having this issue.
I looked at my block settings in my Verizon account and no blocks are enabled. SendGrid's customer support indicated that this must be a Verizon issue. I tried using email@example.com as well and still no luck. Based on an answer I found elsewhere in the support community, I also tried firstname.lastname@example.org, and that didn't work either. Can someone please help? Thank you.
I'm using a different service (one I developed) and I'm having the same issues!
Was working fine for over a year and quit working about 3 weeks ago.
We want to make sure your customers get their messages. Let's clarify a few details. The vtext service is not intended to be used for large volumes of commercial messages or emergency messages. Due to the inherent limitations of Internet email, Verizon provides no assurance regarding the timeliness or receipt of messages sent using this service. Businesses and organizations looking to send a high volume of messages should subscribe to Verizon Enterprise Messaging. You can discuss this best option by reaching out to our Business Support Team. Please dial 800-922-0204 using a business number or choose option for new service.
Thanks for the response. We are just sending transactional messages to customers' email addresses that they provide to us. Sometimes these are @VTEXT.com addresses, often they are not. If you're going to charge senders extra to send email to Verizon subscribers, that is really a disservice to the subscribers since they are already paying for such service. In this case it happens to be well under 500 messages/day on average (around 10K/month), so hopefully that falls under the threshold where Verizon starts blocking messages from senders that don't pay.
I'm inclined to think it is not a volume issue related to my company, since these messages come from different senders on different domains, with the only common factor being SendGrid. If there is some problem accepting messages from SendGrid then I want to make sure it is brought to the appropriate people's attention.
Thank you again.