Re: Messaging App/Public Profile
forJAT

I am unfamiliar with that particular phone. However on the last few Notes and Galaxy phones. The verizon messages is a link to down load and not preinstalled. The application "Messages" is the pre-installed application.

A quick search shows "Messaging" to be the default application on the V20.

To change:

From home screen go to settings, application manager, Menu icon (upper right) - configure apps - default apps - Message app. Then select the OS default which appears to be "Messaging" for the LG V20.

I can see where the confusion would come in as the Message+ icon would be on a fresh install. However it is a install/activation/agreement link and not the actual default OS messaging application. While going to the application manager only shows disable. It can be uninstalled through the google play store. The Messages+ should then be replaced with the initial icon that forwarded you to download/install/register.  This is the same process to uninstall Google Hangouts. To uninstall hangout you have to do it through the Play Store

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TubaOrNotTuba, we can understand your concern regarding software updates and the problems with the Message + application. We are always here and ready to provide some personal assistance. I am sending you a private message so that we can provide you with some troubleshooting assistance. We will also address any other concerns that you have.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Sarien
Enthusiast - Level 2

This "update" is getting worse and worse ... My text messages aren't sending or receiving properly regardless of being on WiFi or not.  My conversations are getting messed up because the order gets completely hosed based on when the app/VZW decides to actually let the messages go through.  Do these things actually go through any form of testing prior to release or is the release your "beta"?!

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely agree the unread message banner and date/time markers are annoying.  They waste 50% of the screen space in some conversations.  Please give us the ability to turn this off.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Version 6.4.3 was released today; at least one post I've seen so far indicates that particular user's issue was resolved with that update.  Hopefully others will chime in once they apply the update.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

So we're going to get an update every day for how long to fix this?  I love Sarien's question, " Do these things actually go through any form of testing prior to release or is the release your "beta"?!"  What an excellent question!!!

The annoying date/time stamps and incorrect unread message stamps are still there, however.

0 Likes
Sarien
Enthusiast - Level 2

Applying the update now.  Will have to see if the app becomes in some way usable again.

0 Likes
TubaOrNotTuba
Contributor - Level 1

Just to clarify, I've used Android since the first Android phone Verizon sold.  The LG V20 is LG's latest flagship phone and is not a Samsung so there's really no comparison.  On the LG V20s, as sold by Verizon, Message+ is preinstalled and is the default messaging app.  It cannot be removed (it can be rolled back to the factory installed version, but not actually uninstalled) just as one cannot remove any pre-installed Amazon apps on a V20.  I will leave it at that as we're not getting anywhere in this conversation.

0 Likes
forJAT

I am looking at a LG V20 right now. Flagship or not your right the LG v20 does not compare to Samsung.

Now it is up you as whether or not you will listen. The default messaging application is called Messaging it is an icon with a yellow background and a white chat bubble. Unless you got a super special one of a kind phone. The instructions i gave you to UNINSTALL verizon Message+ apply to you. Now whether you want to actually try unistalling it or changing default back to MESSAGING and not get hung up on the disable or update only options for Message+ in the application manager is completely up to you.

There is an old adage about a horse and water that is coming to mind. Good luck man.

To further prove my point

Https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207831/

0 Likes
forJAT

Or google "Uninstalling Message+ LG V20"

0 Likes