Messaging bundle plan change
lberg8

I have recently changed my messaging bundle, Did the change take in effect already? Do I have the number of messages I changed it to or is it still the old thing until my next bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging bundle plan change
lberg8

It is kind of urgent...

Thanks,

Leah

0 Likes
budone
Legend

lberg8 wrote:

I have recently changed my messaging bundle, Did the change take in effect already? Do I have the number of messages I changed it to or is it still the old thing until my next bill?

It will start immediately, but it will be prorated. For example *just using numbers) lets say your new text plan has 1000 messages and you change to this plan halfway through a billing period, you will have 500 available for the month, including what was used prior to the change.
I would call back and ask CS to Back date the change to the beginning for the billing cycle if you feel you may go over.

0 Likes
lberg8

Well I had 1500 and changed it to the 5000. So will I now have 5000 messages or will the 5000 come in effect after my next bill?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

As I wrote, if you switched 2 weeks into a billing period, they will prorate the amount of messages for the month. Thus 2500 for this billing period.

If an issue, call and backdate the change, then you will have 5000 for the month.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

lberg8 wrote:

As budone states, when it takes effect depends on how you set it up with Customer service.  Basically, you have three options:

1. Effective immediately - but then you run into pro-rating which can cause huge charges - normally you DON'T want to do it this way.  It splits the allowances based on how many days you are enrolled in a particular plan, and if you are over your allowance midway through the month, pro-rating will hurt, a lot.

2. BACKDATE the plan to the first day of this current billing cycle - so the new plan would be effective for the entire month.  This is going to cost yo the least, in most cases, especially if you changed your plan to cover potential or actual overages.

3. FUTURE DATE the plan to take effect on your next billing cycle - if you are anticipating a change in calling or texting habits and are adjusting your plan to reflect that. 

So, call Customer service (the only way to get Backdating put into place) and backdate the plan to the beginning of your CURRENT billing cycle.

HTH,

0 Likes