Messaging online
ALiebsly15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else getting this error message. I am an account manager there are no restrictions my phone number, I have cleared cookies and cache and it still not working ....."Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions. Contact your account owner to change your permissions."

Labels (1)
Re: Messaging online
Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. This has been happening to me for a couple of weeks. It doesn't matter whether I'm at work or at home either. Just suddenly started happening. I do have family controls activated which is what replaced user controls, but as the account manager for my account, I have no restrictions. I only have restrictions on my daughter's phone. There's nothing in family controls that seems to dictate how the online messaging application operates. I've also checked settings in the messaging app. There doesn't seem to be anything related there either.

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

yeah it's been happening to me as well for the past few weeks.  i have no clue why

0 Likes
ALiebsly15
Enthusiast - Level 1

has anyone contacted Verizon about it when I did they act like they have no clue what is going on it is really annoying

0 Likes
Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

This whole situation is really annoying. There's no way to seem to contact anyone about online messaging problems.

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted verizon today via chat and she was escalated the issue to the engineering department.  she said it might take a day or two so hopefully something comes of it.  normally i find if i close my browser and log back in I am able to send maybe 3 or 4 messages before it happens again.  it's really annoying

EDtheMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any word from them? I'm having this problem also. Thanks!

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

not yet.  i have to reach out to them again.  it looked like it was getting better for me but now back to that same error

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I contacted support via chat again and this time a ticket was logged for the issue

"KRISTINA: I have went ahead and filed a ticket with our IT department to have them investigate this, your ticket number for your reference is TICKET [Removed]."

hopefully progress soon

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Geddy2112
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem for more than a month on both my work and home computers. I've been working with a Verizon technician. For me, it appears the solution is to disable Family Base usage controls and re-enable them after some period of time. After disabling Family Base (i.e. removing that from my plan), online messaging works reliably. I re-enabled Family Base and set it back up for my account a little while ago, and I am still able to use desktop messaging. I'll continue testing throughout the day, but if you want this to work now, I suggest you disable any usage controls you may have set on your account.

0 Likes