Re: Messaging online
EDtheMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to do the "disable Family Base usage controls and re-enable them after some period of time" trick and it didn't work for me. Still getting the same message of "Your message was not sent due to usage control restrictions. Contact your account owner to change your permissions."

What did they upgrade that made things better?

I am going to put in a ticket also

Thanks for everyone's replies and updates

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried as well to disable family base and it did not work for me either.  I will have to see if I can find if any status on my ticket

0 Likes
EDtheMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I finally had a chance to call Verizon Support and they "checked everything on my phone and account and can't see where there would be any problem." I logged into my laptop that is by my main computer at work and it is on a different internet connection and the same error message popped up. So I'm not crazy...at least where this is concerned. They are now calling the engineering department to see if they can get any answers. Been on with them for over 30 minutes.

I will keep y'all apprised...

0 Likes
EDtheMan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just curious what make of phone do y'all have?

I have a Google Nexus 6P

They are having a hard time finding it in their database of phones

0 Likes
jjengel11
Enthusiast - Level 2

so update for me.  I switched over to the unlimited data plan and had no need for the family base app to limit data.  since they removed the family base off of my account I haven't had any issues sending texts via the web app.

0 Likes
tralbro

I had the same problem and this is what worked for me. I subscribe to Verizon FamilyBase. I went to the Usage Controls section. My line was set to unlimited, but I was still getting the usage restrictions message when trying to send. On a whim, I activated a usage control, but set the limit to a number that was much greater than my average use. In this case, I set the limit to 5,000 messages. After doing this, I can now send messages without getting the error.

0 Likes