Messaging over wifi
Millene

I recently purchased the S6. I am using the new messaging app. Will it automatically send messages over wifi? How can I tell if it is sending over wifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging over wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Millene, congratulations on the new phone. I hope you are enjoying it. With the Messages+ application you absolutely can send messages over wi-fi as well as on the cellular network. The messages will show in your text message threads just like other messages that you have sent. Should there be an issue with the message, just like a message sent over our network, you would receive an error. When looking at the signal at the top of your phone, if you see the wi-fi signal and the 4G or 3G is grayed out, this means you are connected to wi-fi. Another way to be sure, is to go to the settings and turn off the cellular data so that you know any usage is directly using that wi-fi connection. Enjoy that new phone and should you have any questions, please know that we are always here to help.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Messaging over wifi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Millene, congratulations on the new phone. I hope you are enjoying it. With the Messages+ application you absolutely can send messages over wi-fi as well as on the cellular network. The messages will show in your text message threads just like other messages that you have sent. Should there be an issue with the message, just like a message sent over our network, you would receive an error. When looking at the signal at the top of your phone, if you see the wi-fi signal and the 4G or 3G is grayed out, this means you are connected to wi-fi. Another way to be sure, is to go to the settings and turn off the cellular data so that you know any usage is directly using that wi-fi connection. Enjoy that new phone and should you have any questions, please know that we are always here to help.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes