Messaging sucks after update
HEMCONST
Enthusiast - Level 2

After an automatic update messaging sucks. Almost never get a notification when a message is received. Some of my messages do not go through when I send them. Find it impossible to attach any photos from my Gallery. Maybe you should make sure things work before you do updates. I have a Samsung S7

Labels (1)
Re: Messaging sucks after update
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does "chat" also come up for some people I have the s7 edge and this update is not working im having the same problems and can't get a answer! This is been going on more then 3 days and still no answer

GoHogs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue on my S5.  I can't attach photos from my gallery.  Also, I have a message notification indicating an incoming message, but I don't see any incoming messages.

Can someone recommend a better messaging app?

dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure I've used this since I've had the phone I'm going to Verizon today to see if I can get a answer

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The messaging application from Samsung that's already on the phone. Google Messenger if it is compatible with the phone. There are other text message applications in the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always here to help dtheresa. I know how important it is to make sure your phone is functioning correctly. Text messaging is my main means of communication so I know how you feel.

Are you still havng issues with the messaging on your phone? What specific issues are you having? Is this with standard text message or another messaging app?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dtheresa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went to Verizon and they told me to keep it unstalled I do not like the "chat" and not receiving texts unless I'm connected to wifi. I seen in another post do you really use data for message+ and if so does it use data when my data is off

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your phone is definitely important so I understand how you feel GoHogs. Let's get to the bottom of this.

Are you having these issues with the standard text message app or a 3rd party message app? How are you attempting to attach a picture in your message?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

John,

You guys aren't listening to the public.  Look at the Google Play Store Reviews.  The problem is Verizon decided to make this a CHAT App instead of a TEXT App. 

Customers that have Messaging+ installed on their phone but use a different TEXT App aren't getting the TEXTS.

Some need to use TEXTING for business purposes, as I do.  When you guys screwed up the best TEXT App ever, to basically render it worthless, people are going to need to switch to a reliable TEXTING App, like Samsung Messages, etc.

If you want to create a CHAT App for the teenage crowd, do so, but remove the CHAT Function from this App and revert it back to SMS.

VERIZON PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.  REMOVE THE STUPID CHAT FUNCTIONALITY FROM THIS APP AND REVERT BACK TO SMS/MMS!!!!!!!!

Kevin_in_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you guys at Verizon even listen?  This has been stated maybe a dozen times now and all you give are your canned answers.  You don't even read what is being typed and your customer service is lacking.  The issue is when it sends a message in CHAT mode.  When is does, the messages are not showing up when you use any other texting app because the CHAT messages are not being sent SMS.  AND THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM FOR SOME PEOPLE WHO USE A STOCK APP OR OTHER TEXTING APP.  WHY DOESN'T ANYONE ACKNOWLEDGE THIS?  HOW MUCH MORE SIMPLE DO WE HAVE TO PUT IT?  WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THE ECARDS, GLYMPSE, THE NEW PHOTO INTERFACE, ETC.

What was nice about the app BEFORE IT UPDATED WITH ALL OF THE [Removed]. was that you could sync your messages across many platforms.  Now, with the updates, especially the CHAT feature, it has made the app almost unusable because messages are not showing up on other texting apps if both the sender and receiver both have this app installed, and yes, they are 6.4.4.

But no one is listening.  No one responds.  If you want to help, make CHAT optional, where you can disable the feature and let us choose what we want to do instead of having it forced down our throats. 

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator