Messaging
khayek

What is difference in sent & delivered in messaging? ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messaging
rcschnoor
Legend

You will only get the "delivered" notification when the message is to another Verizon user. Verizon does not receive delivery notification from other providers and can therefore not provide you with one.

Additionally, when in a conversation with 1 recipient, only the most recent message will have that notification. Once you send another message in the string, that notification will fall off of the older message. If you send more than 1 message before you receive a delivery notification for the 1st one, I believe you will only receive a delivery notification for the most recent one.

Hope this helps explain things.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

Sent means it has left your phone and has been received by the Verizon network.

Delivered means that it has been received by the recipients account. It does not mean the recipient has read the message.

khayek

Some of my messages say sent & never say delivered. Some never say sent but

say delivered. Why the inconsistency? ? Very confusing!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You will only get the "delivered" notification when the message is to another Verizon user. Verizon does not receive delivery notification from other providers and can therefore not provide you with one.

Additionally, when in a conversation with 1 recipient, only the most recent message will have that notification. Once you send another message in the string, that notification will fall off of the older message. If you send more than 1 message before you receive a delivery notification for the 1st one, I believe you will only receive a delivery notification for the most recent one.

Hope this helps explain things.