Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Messenger + battery issue
auman69

I have a brand new Google pixel 2 in the last few days messenger plus has been using 15 to 20% of the battery per day why is this.

App ver 6.5.3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messenger + battery issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

auman69, we want to make sure Messenge+ is not draining your battery. Let's look into this issue further. Have you updated the application recently? Is your device up to date with the latest software version?

0 Likes
auman69

Did you read my question?  Two day to respond with that question?

I posted the app version 6.5.3, I do not know if that is the latest, you should know if that is the current version.  I am assuming it is as there is not update available when you go to the play store.

0 Likes
Re: Messenger  + battery issue
Ann154
Expert
Expert

auman69 wrote:

Did you read my question? Two day to respond with that question?

I posted the app version 6.5.3, I do not know if that is the latest, you should know if that is the current version. I am assuming it is as there is not update available when you go to the play store.

This is a peer to peer public forum and not a direct link to customer service. If you needed immediate assistance, call customer service at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
auman69

and what does your statement have to do with my question?  the person that responded was a verizon rep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

auman69 wrote:

and what does your statement have to do with my question? the person that responded was a verizon rep.

I was commenting on your question, "Two day to respond with that question?", and not anything else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
auman69

Still waiting for an answer to this question!  Verizon needs to monitor these forums 365/24/7 you are a $204.5 billion dollar company,  Hire some inelegant support to resolve your software issue!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

As noted earlier, this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum.  Responses by VzW reps aren't guaranteed and when they do occur, it can take a few days.  Again, for an immediate response, contact them via phone; they also can be reached via social media:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important that you are able to rely on the battery power for your device, auman69. Do you remember making any changes to your phone or Message + settings just before you noticed the battery drain issue? Do you see any alerts when you run a Device Health Check: http://vz.to/2wDwhVR ? Please check your phone software: http://vz.to/2EEdnTX . Is your device up to date? 

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes