Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Messenger + battery issue
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a brand new Google pixel 2 in the last few days messenger plus has been using 15 to 20% of the battery per day why is this.

App ver 6.5.3

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messenger + battery issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

auman69, we want to make sure Messenge+ is not draining your battery. Let's look into this issue further. Have you updated the application recently? Is your device up to date with the latest software version?

0 Likes
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you read my question?  Two day to respond with that question?

I posted the app version 6.5.3, I do not know if that is the latest, you should know if that is the current version.  I am assuming it is as there is not update available when you go to the play store.

0 Likes
Re: Messenger  + battery issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

auman69 wrote:

Did you read my question? Two day to respond with that question?

I posted the app version 6.5.3, I do not know if that is the latest, you should know if that is the current version. I am assuming it is as there is not update available when you go to the play store.

This is a peer to peer public forum and not a direct link to customer service. If you needed immediate assistance, call customer service at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

and what does your statement have to do with my question?  the person that responded was a verizon rep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

auman69 wrote:

and what does your statement have to do with my question? the person that responded was a verizon rep.

I was commenting on your question, "Two day to respond with that question?", and not anything else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
auman69
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still waiting for an answer to this question!  Verizon needs to monitor these forums 365/24/7 you are a $204.5 billion dollar company,  Hire some inelegant support to resolve your software issue!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

As noted earlier, this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum.  Responses by VzW reps aren't guaranteed and when they do occur, it can take a few days.  Again, for an immediate response, contact them via phone; they also can be reached via social media:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important that you are able to rely on the battery power for your device, auman69. Do you remember making any changes to your phone or Message + settings just before you noticed the battery drain issue? Do you see any alerts when you run a Device Health Check: http://vz.to/2wDwhVR ? Please check your phone software: http://vz.to/2EEdnTX . Is your device up to date? 

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes