Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,014 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
Messenger call ringtone Galaxy E (8.0) tablet
chaircityjohn

I just enabled Messenger to make calls on my phone. Now my Galaxy E (8.0) tablet is also ringing with the VZW default ringtone, which I don't like. Cannot find a way to change it or even turn the ringer off my tablet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messenger call ringtone Galaxy E (8.0) tablet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chaircityjohn, you've come to the right place! We can point you in the right direction, so you can turn your tablet sounds off. If your Messenger is connected to both your tablet and phone, you will see the notifications on both. Please go to Settings>Sounds and Vibration>volume, and adjust the settings here. You may have to adjust one or more settings, as it could be perceived as a notification, or as part of the system or media depending on how the app is programmed. 

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
chaircityjohn

I know how to control the volume. I want to turn off just the ringtone for incoming calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is not to be disturbed by the ringer for integrated calling, chaircityjohn. If you turn the volume down for notifications, does it remove the ringer? Have you tried turning off the notifications for Messages Plus?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
chaircityjohn

Thanks for the suggestion but I do not want to turn off the notifications for Messenger+. I like the concept but the lack of control on my tablet is not acceptable. I have tried to disable the Make/Recive Call feature but I cannot find how to do it. Can you tell me how to do it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand how important it is to adjust your Message+ app to avoid unwanted notifications. In regard to your question, you would not be able to disable this specific feature; however, you do have the option to disable notifications during a call by going to the Settings of the app and taping on the notifications option. We've attached a link that will provide you with more details regarding the Message+ app. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-calling-faqs/

Geovann_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes