Re: Messenger+  display bar
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAYART79,

I'm certainly sorry to hear this update hasn't been meeting your needs. Apps will change over time for a variety of reasons but we strive to make them better and will continue to do so. We have submitted your feedback and you can do so through the app as well if you like following the steps samanthat provided. I wish we had a way to restore that but it does seem to be part of the update. Were there other concerns with the update? What issues are you having using the app with this change?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Messenger+ display bar
alishamarie3

I too now have no navigation bar setting after update on my Droid turbo 2. No changes other than upgrade. Please help get this back, it was great to have it in each individual message.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

My Droid Turbo 2, Android 7.0 with version 6.4.42 of Message+ has the Nav Bar and options under the three dots to Hide/Show it.  The Nav Bar shows on the message list and individual messages.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alishamarie3, we greatly value your feedback and apologize about any inconvenience this has caused. I will be lifting your feedback up for further review. Thank you for voicing your concern.

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Laiblinhouse
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never ever remove my nav bar. It just went away after last update. I am honestly [removed] . Why would Verizon take away features. Clicking in each conversation then shared media is a hassle and NOT a good work. Around. I DID NOT remove it. Not happy it was taken away. I have note 8.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

DARHEN31

I too am not liking the new update I will suggest it as an option to have the bar or menu format in the feedback but untill the issue gets resolved I discovered that if you goto your Google playstore And uninstall it just removes the latest update then goto the three dots in the playstore and untick auto update and you should be gold.

0 Likes
clclark72
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am very disappointed with an update that takes a very convenient navigation bar away. Why would you change an app and make the user go through extra steps to access the shared media. Not very user friendly!!

0 Likes
DGCOUNSELOR
Enthusiast - Level 1

This latest update to messages from verizon is an absolute disgrace.  The option to select the nav bar is completely gone. This shared media option they have now is awful and completely annoying. Verizon is pretty much a disgrace every time they update their apps and software. However, as someone else mentioned, you can simply go to the play stor and uninstall the.latest message+ update which will return you to the old settings where u can access the nav bar. Go to Google play store, then my apps and games, then recently updated and look for messages+, select it and then uninstall all updates. Close out of messages+ and then reopen it, let it boot up and then u should have your nav bar back. Shame on Verizon for putting everyone through this.  This worked for me.

AMANAKAWAKO
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, this is ridiculous.  To insinuate it's the customers fault it changed when we have touched NOTHING is unacceptable.  It's a waste of time to now have to go in and look at every single picture that's been sent.  Why even have it in the Message+ app as an option now?  Why wouldn't I just go into my Gallery on my phone?  It was so much smarter to be able to look to the pictures you've sent ONE person, rather than sort through several hundred.  I know, first world problems, whatever.  Whoever does the updates needs more training and needs to think ahead to the problems that it may cause by changing something that may not have needed to be changed.  That seems to be the consensus here at least.  Or, God forbid... COMMUNICATE CHANGES BETTER.  I haven't had an update to my phone in the last 48 hours, and it just seemed to change out of nowhere.  I like that even less than it changing as part of an update - not knowing whats being rolled out and changed whenever Verizon feels like it.

0 Likes
NICKYD710

My navigation bar is now missing too Smiley Sad this was one of my FAVORITE messenger features!!! Didn't even realize it was missing until I went to look for a picture and couldn't easily find it. Wasn't happy to hear this feature changed with one of the last updates.  Verizon-please consider putting this option back on the next update!!!

0 Likes