Messenger+ won't activate
CSpend
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Moto z2 and been using Verizon Messenger for years, all of the sudden I have been having difficulty receiving messages. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, even performed a factory reset. Now the app won't activate my account. I've tried using WiFi and mobile data but neither one will activate. The activate window opens for about 2 seconds and disappears.

Re: Messenger+ won't activate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, CSpend, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reason, we'd be more than happy to take a look into the performance of your service as well as your device. To start, let's get more details pertaining to your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, has there been any recent construction or severe storming in your area that may have caused an effect on the service? Last, don't feel as if you've made any negative impact if you haven't, but to ensure we save you from having to repeat yourself, can we have you confirm any troubleshooting steps you may have taken to try to fix this on your end? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
CSpend
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue began about a week ago when I was traveling and has continued progessivepro over past week. At first I wasn't getting messages unless the app was open but would not receive group messages. Uninstalled app and got worse. Factory Reset phone and have same issue. I can send messages but I can not receive.

CSpend
Enthusiast - Level 2

why have a support community when it appears the first message wasn't read, then 3 hours goes by without having any support?????

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CSpend,

I love using Verizon Messages, and I would be concerned as well if the application wasn't activating or working the way it should be. So, let's work together and get to the bottom of this for you. First, I'd like to apologize for any delay. Here on this public forum, there typically isn't an instant response.

You mentioned that this issue began about a week ago when you were traveling. Where have these travels been specifically (domestic, international, etc.)? Are you still traveling currently while trying to reactivate your Verizon Messages app, and has the activation gone through since we last communicated? What happens if you use the pre-installed messaging application from Motorola as opposed to Verizon Messages?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Btkressley1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not the original poster, but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm hoping someone from Verizon, or the original poster can help.

Messenger+ won't activate my account, I can send texts, but do not receive them. I was out of the country last weekend, but had my phone on airplane mode the entire time, and since I came back I've had these problems. It doesn't matter if I use Messenger +, a Motorola messenger app that was preinstalled, or a 3rd text app I've downloaded.

Jmhollabaugh82

My s9 started doing this all of the sudden to I have not traveled but it wont activate account

0 Likes
Dhamilton1973

Doesn't anyone want to help us fix this issue

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Are you referring to Verizon Message+ or Facebook Messenger? What error specifically are you receiving?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
KukaRob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will add that I am currently also having this issue:

- Attempting to "Activate" Messenger + will show the activation window for a few secs before booting with no further prompts

- I am able to send, but unable to receive messages regardless of sender device type (both IPhones and Android phones cannot send me messages)

- All steps suggested in the Verizon troubleshooting guides fail to resolve the issue, including uninstalling-reinstalling, disabling iMessage and google message, etc.

0 Likes