Missing Usage Details/Delayed?
60las29

Has anyone else noticed when they check their text usage online that a lot is missing?  I like to keep track of my children's texting and I don't even see my text record to my kids. We all have iphones and I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I know my daughter sent at least 10 texts back and forth to her cousin over a week ago and there is no record of those at all online at My Verizon usage detail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing Usage Details/Delayed?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you are using iPhones and texting, they may NOT show up as "text" because they are using an app and it's using DATA.
0 Likes
starfish9

I am having the same problem with my child's usage details.  My son got an iphone for Christmas and his friend got one about 10 days later.  After his friend got one too, then I no longer see any usage details for their texts.  There is no record of those texts at all online at My Verizon usage detail. And I know they text and send photo often.

Is there really an app that is using Data and will not be able to track those texts?  Who is using the app...my child or his friend?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the text messages are going through iMessage which uses the data connection to send messages to other users with iPhones. Only text message sent to non-iPhones will use the text messaging allowance.

I believe that since iMessage sends most of its messages through the data connection, then it won't be listed in the usage of the My Verizon account as sent and received text messages.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hello starfish9, I understand how important it can be to view all of your son's usage and how it can be confusing that all of these messages are not showing. Ann and SuzyQ are correct. Messages sent to/from iPhones are sent via iMessage, which is sent over the data network. These will not show as regular text messages. In order for the messages to be sent as iMessages, both your son and his friend need to have iMessage enabled. In order for all of your son's messages to show in your history, you will need to have him disable iMessage under Settings>Messages>iMessage. Keep in mind this setting can be turned on or off at any time.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
silver2

I too am having an AWFUL experience with My Verizon online showing the details for calls dialed and received.  I got my prepaid phone on 1/24/12 and as of 2/4/12 it only shows all the payments I made under "view all details".  Even if I click on "view call details" it shows the first call I made and that is it.  I made a call Friday 2/3/12 at 7:23 pm and it is now Saturday 2/4/12 and it still does not show up.  Yes, I am the account owner. I've seen previous posts from people noting problems with 2+ days delays in "calls made and received details" showing up on the online "view my usage" section. Does anyone have an update on why this is happening??????

0 Likes