Missing mobile contacts in Messaging+ Android ver 6.6.2
blondcb

Searching for mobile contact in latest version 6.2.2 on my Galaxy S2 9.7 Lollypop does not bring up mobile number but does offer up other contact numbers. Same holds true on VZW Galaxy Note 5 Marshmallow.

On the Note 5, I can uninstall the update and the problem disappears when ver 6.0.10 is in use.

Unfortunately, the version on the Tab S2 cannot be rolled back and I can't seem to make the Note 5 stay in the older version as it automatically updates.

Anyone else experiencing this and have a fix?

Deleting cache, data, apps for messaging and/or contacts does NOT help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Missing mobile contacts in Messaging+ Android ver 6.6.2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

blondcb I regret to learn you are having this trouble with your tablet. Let's get this working again. When did this problem begin? Have you tried resetting the settings on your device?
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blondcb

I have been noticing a problem with Messaging+ and contacts retrieval for a little while now on BOTH my mobile device and my tablet.  At first, I noticed (I think just on the tablet but not certain) that when trying to choose a contact no names or identifying information came up with the number.  Then the issue started where names and identifying information would be there for all numbers except the mobile number. After calling in to tech support and trying lots of different things last week (maybe you can find those notes on my account), I determined that this problem was associated with the most recent update to ver 6.2.2.  As noted originally, if I uninstall the app on my mobile device it reverts to the factory supplied version of 6.1.10 (pre enhanced emoji) and it works just fine.  I'm not sure what you mean by "resetting settings." I've tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling the messaging app, wiping the data in the messaging and contacts apps.  What are you suggesting be done.  Truth be told, I'm convinced it's a programming glitch with the Samsung contacts app (which I don't like as it truncates data in the note field when pulled in from Google Contacts).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We thank you for your commitment to getting this back on track, blondcb. Now the contacts in Messaging + should be syncing with those in Verizon Cloud. Here is the Verizon Cloud tablet app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidhub&hl=en When you add a contact on the tablet, does it store locally or sync with a service like Google?

DavidH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
blondcb

That is not addressing the issue. I do not wish to use the Verizon Cloud to store my contacts except for those I repeated use from the Messaging+ desktop app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your discontent and apologize for the inconvenience. Let's dig a little deeper, I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily. 
AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes