Mobile Email - having a couple issues...
geoqvart

I just got a new LG enV Touch and set up Mobile Email. At first I couldn't get the program to validate any of my email accounts, but after rebooting the phone I was successful in setting up multiple Yahoo and Gmail accounts. Now I'm trying to set up another Gmail account and it keeps saying it is unable to validate the account. I browsed some threads in this forum and found advice for changing IMAP/POP settings, which I did, but it's still not working. Any other solutions?

The other issue - sometimes when I open the Mobile Email software on my phone it begins to open but then says "Goodbye" and closes. Anyone else having that issue?

One more thing - does anyone know if the Mobile Email included with the Nationwide Connect (plus unlimited data) plan is only for the actual "Mobile Email" software (from Oz), or can I download and use a different app such as Vemail without being charged? I could call Verizon with that question but thought I'd toss it in with the issues above.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Email - having a couple issues...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

geoqvart wrote:
... One more thing - does anyone know if the Mobile Email included with the Nationwide Connect (plus unlimited data) plan is only for the actual "Mobile Email" software (from Oz), or can I download and use a different app such as Vemail without being charged? I could call Verizon with that question but thought I'd toss it in with the issues above.

Thanks.

Well, I can't help with the above issues, but I do know that Vemail is a separate app that you download and pay for monthly ($4.99 I believe).   It is NOT the same as the Mobile Email that "comes with"  the Connect plan.

0 Likes
Brustra

geoqvart wrote:

I just got a new LG enV Touch and set up Mobile Email. At first I couldn't get the program to validate any of my email accounts, but after rebooting the phone I was successful in setting up multiple Yahoo and Gmail accounts. Now I'm trying to set up another Gmail account and it keeps saying it is unable to validate the account. I browsed some threads in this forum and found advice for changing IMAP/POP settings, which I did, but it's still not working. Any other solutions?

The other issue - sometimes when I open the Mobile Email software on my phone it begins to open but then says "Goodbye" and closes. Anyone else having that issue?

One more thing - does anyone know if the Mobile Email included with the Nationwide Connect (plus unlimited data) plan is only for the actual "Mobile Email" software (from Oz), or can I download and use a different app such as Vemail without being charged? I could call Verizon with that question but thought I'd toss it in with the issues above.

Thanks.

My question is actually about that last part. I have the nationwide premium plan also. VZ navigator and mobile e-mail are supposed to come with it. When I go to access the mobile e-mail to set it up, it says that there is a $5 subscription fee. Why is there a fee if it is supposed to be a part of the plan I got? O yea I have the LG enV 3.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brustra wrote:

My question is actually about that last part. I have the nationwide premium plan also. VZ navigator and mobile e-mail are supposed to come with it. When I go to access the mobile e-mail to set it up, it says that there is a $5 subscription fee. Why is there a fee if it is supposed to be a part of the plan I got? O yea I have the LG enV 3.

There is a $5 subscription fee IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE CONNECT OR PREMIUM PLAN.  If you are on Connect or Premium, it is INCLUDED, so you can agree to that on the setup screen, it will NOT show up on your bill.  It is there as part of the general setup but the fee is only charged if your plan does not already include it.

Same thing happens when you set up Backup Assistant - it mentions a fee and you have to agree, but it is waived as long as you have an active MyVerizon account.

0 Likes