Mobile Email (latest version 7.53) Questions
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

I downloaded and installed the latest version 7.53 of Mobile Email for my LG enV Touch.  Is there a way to change the email alerts from vibrate to a tone? Also, I want to change my email signature signature to include more information on separate lines but every time I hit the return key I exit the program.  Is there a fix? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Email (latest version 7.53) Questions
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
To change to notification alert, you need to log in to Mobile Email for the account you want to use, and set the alert there. Each account you have set up on Mobile Email can have a different alert.

I don't know why the return key exits the program though... perhaps someone else does?
0 Likes
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

The only options that I have for notification are "On" or "Off".  I can't specify a sound.  When in the "On" position, the notification of a received email is vibrate.  I want to change that to a sound.  The question is where and how?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
When you are logged in to your email account, is there an options or preferences setting? There were several threads on this a few months ago . . . browse the boards and I will post back if I find a relevant thread int he archives....
0 Likes
LatachaM_VZW
Verizon Employee

SuzyQ thanks for the information. I have provided additional information below on how to change the alerts:

Alerts - Sounds

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings & Tools.
Scroll to Sounds Settings, press OK.
Scroll to Alert Sounds, press OK.
Choose TXT Message, Email, Pic/Video/Voice, Voicemail, Emergency Tone, press OK.
Choose Tone, Vibrate, or Reminder, press OK
Choose alert of preference, press OK

Thank you, LatachaM_VZW

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ahhh, so BOTH the phone settings and the settings within the Mobile Email account need to be set? OK - thanks for the added info Latacha!
0 Likes
jdhogg

Info...on the enV Touch, there is no "email" in the menu options:

From the main screen, press Menu.
Scroll to Settings & Tools.
Scroll to Sounds Settings, press OK.
Scroll to Alert Sounds, press OK.
Choose TXT Message, Multimedia Message, Voicemail, Emergency Tone, Missed Call press OK.
Choose Tone, Vibrate, or Reminder, press OK
Choose alert of preference, press OK

It does not appear to be possible to modify Mobile Email (latest version 7.53) to do anything other than vibrate upon the arrival of a new email. 

0 Likes
jdhogg

To change the email signature to include info on multiple lines, edit the signature with the external screen.  Select the symbols keys and scroll though the screens until the "LF" key is visible.  Insert a "LF" where you want the line break.

0 Likes