Mobile IM Data
needtoknow5

Does mobile IM charge you by text messages AND data($1.99/MB) or just text messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile IM Data
JohnJohn

Mobile instant messenger only charge per text but if you have a select calling plan it would be unlimited for you.. The 1.99 charge only applies to the initial download.

0 Likes
maria1127

JohnJohn wrote:

Mobile instant messenger only charge per text but if you have a select calling plan it would be unlimited for you.. The 1.99 charge only applies to the initial download.

Can I know what are the calling plans that allow IM and more information about it. Thank you.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can add a texting bundle, depending on how much you plan to be texting and how disciplined you are at staying within limits! Or just add unlimited and not even think about it -

Add to BASIC
$5/mo for 250 texts (sent and received)
$10/mo for 500 texts PLUS unlimited texts M2M
$15/mo for 1500 texts PLUS unlimited M2M
$20/mo for 5000 texts PLUS unlimited M2M

This is per line, and each line on a family plan can have its own bundle. It makes more sense to bump up to the SELECT plan (or above), and get unlimited texting on all lines, if you have 3 or more phones and everyone likes to text! You have to determine what you can afford, how much texting you will do to figure out what will work for you.

Any text you send or receive through the Mobile IM app will count towards your allowance if you are on one of the monthly fee plans; if you are on a SELECT, CONNECT, or PREMIUM plan, you have unlimited texting and can use Mobile IM without worries.

HTH,

0 Likes
Seda13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well you can use Mobile IM with any calling plan. It just depends on what kind of txt package you have. If you have the Select calling plan that will allow unlimited Instant Messages with AIM, Yahoo, and MSN. If you have a txt package then it will come out of the alloment your allowed for out of network txt messages.

$5 - 250 messages (sending and receiving)

$10 - Unlimited VZW to VZW and 500 (sending and receiving) out of network

$15 - Unlimited VZW to VZW and 1500 (sending and receiving) out of network

$20 - Unlimited VZW to VZW and 5000 (sending and receiving) out of network

(.10 cents per message that is exceeded above out of network allotment)

Pay per message - .20 cents sending and receiving

If you have a txt package and wanted to know how to check you usage from your phone then you can dial #DATA or under your settings and tools in the menu you can find your MY Verizon (depending on your price plan) is airtime/MB free

0 Likes
needtoknow5

So Mobile IM only charges texts and i have unlimited text messaging. Mobile IM already came with my phone (enV3). So Mobile IM will not charge me anything. correct?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

needtoknow5 wrote:

So Mobile IM only charges texts and i have unlimited text messaging. Mobile IM already came with my phone (enV3). So Mobile IM will not charge me anything. correct?

That is correct. Enjoy!

0 Likes