Mobile IM won't open on Voyager
heyykelly

Hi, usually I am able to open and use my mobile im without any problems, but for the past few days, whenever i select the mobile im feature, the "loading" screen appears, which shows a circle flashing and going around to show the progress, and it does not end. ... that sounds a bit confusing, what i mean to say is that the feature wont open. it just "loads".. and loads and loads and loads.. sometimes i have this issue and restarting my phone will fix the problem, but i cant seem to find a way to make it work this time. can somebody help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile IM won't open on Voyager
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  I am not too familiar with the Voyager but you could try one thing to see if it works.  Remove the back cover and pull the battery out for about 10 seconds then replace it.  Perhaps this will reboot the device and allow things to work better for you.  Let me know how it works.

Doc

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Mobile IM on my Voyager; it was installed when I got the phone, and I haven't had any real issues with it, except that it closes itself once in a while.  What I would suggest you try is to delete the app and then reinstall it, and see if that helps.  Depending on your plan, there may be MB charges to re-dowload the app, but it's less than 1 so the cost is $1.99.

HTH,

0 Likes
heyykelly

thanks for the response! i tried taking the battery out and it still won't work. i'm not sure how to delete the application, but i think it requires opening it? i can't even get past the original option for "mobile im"

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure either--it's not listed on my available apps....the Verizon website said this, (and when I selected any of the choices it said connecting and appeared to be going on line and using data - so I'm probably gonna get hit with data charges now.) :

Step 1:
Press the left soft key for Menu.

Step 2:
Select Get It Now (5) Actually - Media Center (4), (5) is Extras which was blank on mine.

Step 3:
Select Get Apps (1). This showed a bunch of stuff - I didn't find Mobile IM

Step 4:
Select Settings.  Never got this far....maybe you'll have better luck.

Step 5:
Select Manage Apps.

Step 6:
Select the application that you wish to disable or remove by pressing the OK button.

Step 7:
Choose Cancel Subscription or Remove.

0 Likes