Mobile IM
t0mmerz

So I have a Samsung Smooth on a prepaid plan with unlimited txting($20 bundle). I was wondering, if I download the Mobile IM application - would there be any charges for using the application/at all?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile IM
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will be charged per MB for the initial download of Mobile IM (if it is not already installed on your phone).  Using it does not incur MB charges, and messages sent and received are counted as out of network texts. 

0 Likes
t0mmerz

So since I have overall unlimited txting, using the application itself will NOT cost me anything, correct? However, it will cost me to download the app(since it's not installed on my phone)

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Exactly.  The download is less than 1 MB, so it will cost $1.99.  After that, with unlimited messages, you are home free - log in and chat away!!!!

OOps, I just saw that you are on a pre-paid phone - I'm not sure if the daily charge applies when you are using Mobile IM - perhaps someone who knows or who has pre-paid and has tried it can answer - does Mobile IM and texting incur a daily use fee?

0 Likes