Multiple Mesage+ conversations for friend who switched carriers
HenryB973

I run Verizon Message+ on 3 platforms.  Laptop, phone & tablet.  A friend changed phone carriers.  Now on my laptop, I have two "conversations" streams for him, one from his old carrier, one from his new. YET, on my phone and tablet, I have one continuous "conversation" for him.

Any idea why the two on my Laptop ?

Any way to combine them ?

I have closed the app on all three platforms and relaunched it to no avail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple Mesage+ conversations for friend who switched carriers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you HenryB973. We want to help you with your Message+ issue. I apologize for the trouble. Have you tried deleting the desktop application and reinstalling it? That would be what I would recommend you try next. We will be here for the results. BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HenryB973

BobbyN_VZW ,

I would have done this, however, I am running Windows 10 and Verizon Messages does not show up in Control Panel\Programs & Features, nor in C:\Program Files, nor in C:\Prorgam Files (x86) to allow me to uninstall it.

It appears to be located in folder C:\Windows\WindowsApps\Applications, which I can view, but not modify.

I right mouse clicked on the ICON for it in that folder, but uninstall was not an option, only open and pin to start and task bar.

There is no uninstall option in the app.

How do I uninstall it ?

Thanks,

Henry

0 Likes
HenryB973

Bobby,

I was able to find, via Google search, a way to uninstall the app and then I reinstalled it and that did resolve the issue of two conversations for one phone number.

Can you now help me to set the tone to play when I get a message ?

On my phone and tablet, I click the 3 dots menu and select Customize, then Tones

BUT, on the Windows version, there is only a Customization option and there is no Tones option to select ?

How do you set a Tone for incoming messages ?

Thanks,

Henry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is great to know the uninstall/reinstall resolve the issue KenryB973. We are happy to  help with the tones. To clarify, are you only having trouble with the tones on your computer? If so, did this issue just begin after the uninstall/reinstall?

RashadM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HenryB973

Rashad,

No, the tone issue was always there on the Windows 10 version of Message+.

As I said, I can set a tone on my 2 Android devices, but can find no way to set a tone on Windows 10 for Message+.

On the Android devices yo do so by going to Customise and then Tones.

On Windows there is no Customize, there is Customization, but no Tones or Sounds under it ?

How do you set a Tone on the Windows 10 version of Message+  ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. Please follow this link for more information:  http://spr.ly/6588DyzmG

EstebanP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HenryB973

Esteban,

Did you read my prior reply ?

On the Windows version of Message+, there is no TONES option under Customization.

There is on the Android version (ACTUALLY, on the Android version, there is a CUSTOMIZE option and there is a TONES option under that), BUT NOT ON THE WINDOWS VERSION.

SO, how do I set a tone for incoming messages on the WINDOWS version of Message+?

Sending me a link to standard settings for Android will not work on the WINDOWS version of your software.

Can you help ?

Henry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HenryB973 We appreciate those details. I want to make sure we answer all your questions. The Message+ is different when using it your Desktop version. Not all features are compatible with Windows. I apologize for the inconvenience. To learn more about the compatible features, please visit http://vz.to/2BZUDN8 for additional information.

EvelynR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport if my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
HenryB973

Evelyn,

Why doesn't anyone at Verizon simply answer a question ?

You said that not all features are available on all platforms, but you didn't say if setting a tone for incoming messages is available on Windows.

Instead, you sent me to a page that does not list what features are available and what ones are not on the Windows version of Message+

It list features and how to set them, BUT DOES NOT INDICATE WHICH ONES ARE AVAILABLE ON THE VARYING SUPPORTED PLATFORMS AND WHICH ONES ARE NOT.

BUT, I am assuming that setting a tone for incoming messages is not available on the Windows version of Message+

If that's true, why didn't you just say that ?

Why send me off to a page that does not specifically answer my question ?

I can set a tone in Outlook on Windows when an email message arrives, so I know it s possible to set tone in a Windows environment.

Doesn't sound like a lot of effort went in to the Windows version of Message+.

Disappointing.

Henry

0 Likes