Re: Multiple Mesage+ conversations for friend who switched carriers
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HenryB973,I do apologize about not receiving the clarity in the answer as you were expecting. I know how valuable your time is and I want to make sure I respect it. Since we are a supporter of the Verizon Messages+ application, we are unable to discern if a different platform such as Windows will work in the manner in which you seek. This would be a question for the Windows Technical Teams to see if they are able to allow for the sounds to be altered with our products. We can confirm how the sounds will work on our Verizon Wireless networks and devices. I will forward your concert to our Network Technicians’ as well to see what can be done regarding this matter. Again I do apologize for any confusion. Did I explain this okay?

VeronicaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HenryB973

Veronica,

There is no need to apologize.

I would hope a message could be sent to anyone within Verizon support responding to such questions that they should answer questions directly, rather than sending someone to a link that does not answer the original question.

I have no problem if, along with the direct answers, links are included identifying documentation that also might assist.

BUT, answering the question directly would save everyone a lot of time.

Look at how many interactions it took to discover the answer to my question.

I also find it strange that you would direct an end user to contact your business partner, in this case Microsoft,  to find out how your product should interact on a platform you ported it to.  I amke that assumption from your statement: "This would be a question for the Windows Technical Teams to see if they are able to allow for the sounds to be altered with our products. We can confirm how the sounds will work on our Verizon Wireless networks and devices."

Isn't that Verizon's responsibility once they port a product to a platform, to deal with the technical support for that platform to make sure the Verizon product works properly on that platform ?

I get audio notification from other Windows products, so I assume it is a flaw in the way Message+ is interacting with Windows.

Surely, it shouldn't be the end user's responsibility to diagnose this.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for passing this along within Verizon technical support.

Henry

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HenryB973, we want to make sure that our customers are getting all the information need to address their concerns. Again, I'm sorry that it took so long to get the correct answer. Being able to personalize your tones on the Message+ app on the Windows-based device is essential. As mentioned before, we will make sure to lift this concern up to our Technical Support team that handles the Message+ application. We do appreciate the feedback. This helps us improve our services that we have to offer.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes