Multiple people not receiving my texts after porting to Verizon
Toddzilla1108

Title pretty much explains it all.  Ever since a couple of my friends have switched to Verizon with the same number, they cannot receive my texts.  I receive theirs fine, and they can receive some other people's texts too that have Verizon, but mine seem to not go through.  I noticed a lot of people going through these issues, but is there any clear-defined fix for this? Or do I have to spent 10 hours on the phone with support.

Thanks

Todd

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Multiple people not receiving my texts after porting to Verizon
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes it takes several days for the port to fully complete.  If they are still in a billing cycle with their old carrier and service had not been completely ported, there can be issues.

Have them (the ones who have ported) dial *228 and choose option 1 to be sure they are connected to the network properly; hopefully in time all the glitches will be worked out.

0 Likes
Toddzilla1108

I will try the second part....sadly both of them switched over a year ago lol (and still don't get my texts to this day). 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Toddzilla1108 wrote:

I will try the second part....sadly both of them switched over a year ago lol (and still don't get my texts to this day). 

A year ago?  And you can't text them?  I thought this was a recent thing!  Can you reply to texts they send to you?  What phone do you have, and what phones do they have?  Are any of you using a texting APP or just regular plain vanilla text (SMS) messages?  Are any of you using signatures or any special characters, font colors, etc?

A lot of questions, I know, but I'm trying to narrow down where the problem could possibly be.

0 Likes
Toddzilla1108

I'm using the android galaxy s continuum.  No app, nothing.  This problem actually occurred with my old phone, with their old phones too, and both of them have changed phones multiple times and to no avail have they received my messages. 

One of them uses the iPhone, and the other one uses an LG (forgot the exact one). 

And what do you mean by reply to texts they send?  The android messaging "platform" isn't separated by single messages.  I receive all of theirs, but when I send one back they never get it

0 Likes
obxdk

Is your phone a 4G phone?  Is 4G up and running in your area?  If so...how long has 4G been active in your area?

When I got my first 4G phone, I had a similar problem where sometimes I would not receive texts from others and sometimes they wouldn't receive my text.  It turned out the problem had to do with the 3G to 4G network upgrade.  Even since 4G has been fully operational in my area, I haven't had that problem anymore.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like whomever they were with never completed the port. Who was their prior provider?

0 Likes
Toddzilla1108

Still at 3G

0 Likes
Toddzilla1108

I believe sprint

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Toddzilla1108!

Wow, to go a whole year with this messaging issue is way too long. Let's get this fixed for you! In order to do so, I'd have to access your account. Please send me a direct message (DM) with your name, your mobile number, a good contact number for you, as well as a good time to call. I'll be happy to help you. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes