Muted function for conversations not working - Verizon Messaging App
bereakid1

So with the role out of ver 6.4.4, there were a few conversations that I have muted (group, and people that blow me up) that I don't need to have messages from immediately; so I use mute. Since the latest update to 6.4.4 seems as though the mute functionality no longer works. Any help with this would be appreciated, I am using a samsung galaxy S6 Edge and am on Android 6.0.1 and kernel version 3.10.61

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Muted function for conversations not working - Verizon Messaging App
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  Mute worked fine with Note 4 and Gear S2 smartwatch before the update, now I have gone back to the Samsung messaging app for this an other problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bereakid1,

I wouldn't be able to function if I had issues with my messaging application. I'll be happy to help. What exactly happens when you try to mute them again? Do you get any error messages?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bereakid1

No error messages, muted conversations pop-up as if it were not muted, and shows up on the lock screen as if it were not muted. When looking at the settings of the conversation the conversation is still muted.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bereakid1, this is very concerning to me that it will not go mute. There is a new update for the Verizon Messaging app. Please update the app and let us know how it works.

ZangY_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bereakid1

@ZangY_VZW, as I said this started happening after the update and continues to happen. The app is at the latest version

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bereakid1, we know how important it is to not be interrupted with those muted messages.  You indicated that this began after the latest update. As there have been several within a very short period of time, we simply want to ensure that you have the latest version as this has seemed to fix the bugs that had popped up. Te latest version was truly just released Friday. This version will show 6.4.7. As you mentioned that yours is the 6.4.4, please install this new release and try the Mute option for us. If you are still experiencing this issue, we will be standing by. 

LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Mcrea111
Enthusiast - Level 2

In another thread it was suggested that in the application settings to uncheck the "Enable Chat" feature.  I unchecked this feature and when I mute a conversation I still get the notification on the Gear S3.  Frustrating.

0 Likes