My Do Not Disturb Is Not Working (S7)
patriciamain66

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. NO one can tell me. I've been to 3 Verizon Stores. I've called Verizon. I've called Samsung. We've been through ALL the settings, yes.  Done all the resets, uninstalls, re-installs and still...no one can tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I'm assuming it's me because they've sent me 3 (YES, THREE, phones) and all three are doing the same thing.  The first one was a brand new phone.  I was stupid and asked for another (not thinking I would get "refurbished" ones after that).  I'm told Verizon has had NO other complaints of the DND not working.  So, I'm posting to see if anyone out there is having any issues, OR if anyone out there can maybe...MAYBE figure this out.  I've really given up at this point, however, I'm kind of curious. I mean, three phones?  So, below is what I do:

• Swipe down from the top of my screen to reveal the Notification Shade.
  • Tap on my "Do Not Disturb" button

Pretty easy.  My settings are as follows:

Sounds and Vibration:

Sound Mode:  Sound

Volume:  All sliders for Ringtone, Media, Notifications, and System are all the way up (to the far right)

Do Not Disturb:  Turn on now: On

Turn on as Scheduled: Off

Allow Exceptions:  Custom,

Alarms:   On

Repeat Callers:  Off

Calls From:  Favorite Contacts Only

Messages From:  Favorite Contacts Only

Event/task Alerts:  Off

Reminders:  Off

Under "Priority App Notifications" Message+ IS NOT a priority

Any thoughts?  My email is [Removed]  in case I don't check this.  Smiley Happy

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Do Not Disturb Is Not Working (S7)
patriciamain66

Oh, and my contacts that I WANT to hear from and come through (my 20-yr old mainly that goes out at night and I worry about calling me in the middle of the night), ARE marked as FAVORITES.  Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
Re: My Do Not Disturb Is Not Working (S7)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. We want to make sure that your Do Not Disturb feature is working correctly on your device. What happens when is active? Do all calls get blocked or are you receiving messages and calls you are not supposed to?

JavierMD_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes