Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,337 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
My Message app shows extra on the notification badge.
DOUTRE97

When I receive a single message, the count shows 2. When I receive 2 messages, it shows 3.

After I read the new messages, the badge clears. It's only in my home screen that it shows incorrectly. When i open the app, the correct number of new messages are displayed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My Message app shows extra on the notification badge.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your question. Please tell me which messaging application you are using, and your phone make and model. 

0 Likes
DOUTRE97

I am using the message+ app on a Samsung Galaxy S9.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for offering these helpful details. When did this start? Did you recently install any new apps or updates? Is the Message+ app updated via the Play Store?

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DAWHAL51

I am having the same problem with the Message+ app. When I get 1 text, the icon badge shows 2; when I get 2 texts, it shows 3 and so on... I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I just got this phone 2 weeks ago. It is very frustrating and I would love to know how to fix this. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, DAWHAL51. I know how frustrating this can be and let's find a solution. Is data for the app enabled? http://spr.ly/6602GZNZY Also, please clear the application cache using the steps on this link. http://spr.ly/6604GZNZm Let us know if the issue continues after completing this step. 

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes