My cell started with normal updates yesterday(so I thought) Error 1001
Babe1818
Enthusiast - Level 1

Then I went to use my cell phone.I could not make A call or text. It was showing an error message 1001, and A recording would come on when I tried to call someone. The recording I hear when attempting to make an out going call is please call 1-800-922-0204. an it give another voice message may cell number is not active or its invalid..416-015. My Total Verizon bill is paid in full each month since Big Red Opened.

I also noticed on top by the 3G it keeps saying  1x ( off and on) ??? I was told its something to do with Data and updating...But No Service At ALL....

I still can not get my cell to make A call or answer . Can not check voice mail, no Data, only through my home internet to my cell.

Has anyone had or is having  any issues like the onesonany type of cell phone if so I would like to hear yours......  Please Help.....Thanks

<< Full name removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My cell started with normal updates yesterday(so I thought) Error 1001
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Which phone do you have? If it's a basic or 3G phone, you can dial *228 option 1 to try to reactivate it. Otherwise can you call the customer service number from another line?

0 Likes
Babe1818
Enthusiast - Level 1

i tried star228 a couple of times .talked costmer support twice. nothing yet.Im trying again on line. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking all of the steps you have taken so far, Babe1818. I look forward to finding out what may be happening with your phone. Are you traveling or in the same area you are normally in? 
I'm going to send you a direct message in order to get additional details from you.

I look forward to your reply.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Babe1818
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ni I am not traveling. Cell phone still not working

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Babe1818, thanks for these details. What's your zip code? We'd like to verify if there's any issues in your area.

Have you verified that your wireless line is active? You can do this by logging into your account online at My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc

Lastly, we recommend that you power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted. We're here to further assist you if needed.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes