My message+ app on Mac is not syncing
ANDCHE55

Okay so I recently moved to a basic phone with Verizon messenger. I have the message+ app on my iPad which works perfectly. I have message+ installed on my older Mac at home which works just fine. however, when I install it on my new MacBook Pro, message+ does not work at all. I can only send messages but not receive them. What's going on? Can someone tell me why my new MacBook Pro doesnt work? There is not software difference at all here...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My message+ app on Mac is not syncing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANDCHE55,

Message+ is an awesome way to stay synced across devices but for that to work it needs to work on all devices. I want to make sure you don't have to worry about this. Are you using the same phone number to log in on all of these devices? What software version is on both the older Mac and the MacBook Pro? What do you see when you look where the messages would be on your other Mac?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ANDCHE55

Yes I am using the same phone number to log into all these devices.

Both of my Macs are running the OSX High Sierra 10.13

When I look on my 2013 MacBook Pro, I see all my messages showing up.

When I am using my 2017 MacBook Pro, I only see 4 conversations. Interestingly enough there is only one conversation from one contact that gets updated and I don't know why. I do not see any other conversations on the newer MacBook Pro. Do you know why this might be the case?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to access all of your text messages when using Verizon's Message + option from your 2017 MacBook Pro is very important. Has there been any recent changes to your MacBook Pro? (e.g. software update

0 Likes
ANDCHE55

Nope I have the exact same hardware running on my older Mac and the messenger app seems to work just fine..

0 Likes
H-N-H

ANDCHE55​ - I followed your conversation right up to where it stop. Unfortunately, this seems to be what happens on many of the forum topics where no solution is found, or is found and not presented. It leaves us all wondering what happened. Your topic ended on April 5th, 2018. My post is September 29, 2018. Should there not be some type of solution by now? If nothing else, maybe tell us no solution was ever found, and maybe what you ended up doing to get around your problem.

Forgive me if I missed something obvious as I often do. 🙂

0 Likes