My phone won't send texts to ONE person!
ej970

Okay, so my best friend and I have been having this issue for WAY too long. I've gone through three phones from Verizon and this STILL happens on every single one and she's gotten two new phones.

On and off for long periods of time, I won't receive any messages she sent me and vice versa. Every so often, something will come through, but otherwise, NOTHING. The problem fixes itself for a little while, then it just stops all together again. Now I don't even think she's getting my phone calls and I'm probably not getting any of hers either. This ONLY happens with her. All my other friends have no problem getting my texts and it's the same way with her.
We have tried EVERYTHING. For a while, it only worked if I sent media messages. Then it only worked if I forwarded a message. Sometimes the time stamps get messed up and it will say it sent, but the time keeps changing on it every time I go to check. Other times, the time stamp will say the message was definitely sent at a specific time, but neither of us have gotten the message.

This is getting ridiculous. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My phone won't send texts to ONE person!
ej970

Oh and sometimes she gets like some weird crazy alien language on her side. And whenever the problem fixes itself, all our missed messages suddenly come flooding into our phones like a month later.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are the phones you have used when you have this problem? Smartphone or Basic? 3G or 4G?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ej970

Smart phones. Our current phones are a Samsung S3 and an Iphone.

0 Likes
slowjoe27

I'm having the same exact problem with me and only one of my contacts (the one I want to talk to the most go figures ._. ). At first it worked fine then it was an intermittent problem now absolutely nothing is going through; not even phone calls. Everyone else gets my messages fine. Some are geographically farther than the one person, some are closer. Some are on Sprint, some AT&T, some Verizon. There is no common theme except she's the only one not getting them and I'm the only one not getting hers. I thought it was her phone but she got a new phone three days ago and nothing has changed. She has a HTC One X, I have a Droid Bionic. And she says everyone else gets her messages/she receives messages from everyone else fine. I thought maybe a tower was down between us but I'm not sure if that even makes sense. Anyone know what the problem could be? I'm pulling my hair out over this Thanks in advance for the replies.

0 Likes
emilyr293

I am having the same issue. I have an iPhone 4s and just this morning it won't send to only one person. Neither one of us has the other's number blocked. I have tried deleting the number and sending a message, no luck. Nothing has been working and I have no clue as to why it is happening or how to fix it. It will say it's sending, then say delivered, but will then switch to a red exclamation point saying "Message send failure." Help! This is the number I text most often.

0 Likes