My texts going to complete stranger
kidsdadam

I just had an irate voice mail call from a total stranger saying to stop sending her text messages.  I am unaware of sending her any.  Apparently my text messages sent to my daughter's phone also get sent to this person without my knowing.  My daughter receives my messages no problem.  Is this a Verizon system issue, firmware issue, or other?  I'm stumped. My daughter has a Droid Bionic, and my phone is a LG Octane.  I can't completely tell, but it may be happening when she texts me and I reply back.  Can this be a compatibility issue or something I can change on my side?  Could it be something simple like I didn't have her area code (same as my local area code) entered in my phone? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: My texts going to complete stranger
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

kidsdadam wrote:

Could it be something simple like I didn't have her area code (same as my local area code) entered in my phone? 

Possibly, was the last 7 of the lady that called you the same as your daughters?

0 Likes
Not applicable

@ kidsdadam Wow that is a disturbing situation! I have had my messages sent to someone else before. My problem was that I was using a third party app. Are you using a third party app or the stock app? Have you checked the contact info for you daughter? Is the number that you have saved as your daughters contact the correct number? Has this ever happened before? Please answer these questions so I can resolve this issue for you. Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kidsdadam

Thank you for your reply.  The lady that called left a voice mail message.  For some reason, the number doesn't show on my phone's Missed or Received calls list, so I'm not sure if she had the same number as my daughters.  I did though, do a reverse phone look up using different nearby area codes with the same last 7 digits as my daughters, and did find one land line with the same number but different area code.  I didn't try calling that number though.  Also, the incoming call number doesn't show up on My Verizon call usage either.  In any case, I've deleted my daughter's contact in my phone and re-entered it as a 10 digit number including area code and see what happens.  

0 Likes
kidsdadam

No third party app at all.  All stock app.

Number saved for my daughter is the correct number.  Only on my phone, it was entered as a 7-digit number.

Never happened before.

However, as responded to lewisr13 and jimfitzgerald, I newly deleted by daughter's contact and re-entered her contact with a 10-digit number.  Texting my daughter and vice versa in replies, we have no problems.  So far, I haven't heard again from the irate lady since.  I hope this may have solved it.. . . .

I'm still curious though.  Even If it's due to the lack of an area code, my daughter and I were able to text and reply to each other as usual with nothing abnormal with no missing texts.  How would my texts also go to someone else? 

Unless the lady dialed the wrong number to leave me a message....

0 Likes