National Access coverage not available...
nillerc

I recently purchased a phone. It's not a smart phone, just a basic (moto rizr z6tv) Whenever I try to send or recieve a MMS, it trys to connect for several minutes and then I get an error message "National coverage access not available". I called 611 for support, after having me try a couple different things, they told me to take it in to the local verizon store. They also tried a few things, but could not get the problem solved. They pretty much just acted like it was a problem with my phone ( i didn't buy it from verizon) and that I was just out of luck.

I decided to come back home and google it to see if there were any other people with this problem. I found pages and pages of people with the same exact problem. All with different types of phones, but mostly all with verizon for their provider. It blows my mind that nobody seems to know of a fix for this??

If ANYBODY can help me get to the bottom of this i would greatly appreciate it!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: National Access coverage not available...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in an extended network or service area?  Does your phone show Extended Network?  If so, that's why you are getting that error.  If you have full, digital, regular signal, try dialing *228 option 1 and let the phone "reprogram" itself - you won't lose any settings, and it will restart.  See if your signal and coverage is any better.

If you are in an extended service area, you will need to travel to a place where you can get the full 3G signal to be able to send and receive picture messages.

0 Likes
Re: National Access coverage not available...
nillerc

Thanks for the info SuzyQ, but yes that has been tried...both by myself and the verizon employee's. They put a trouble ticket in before the weekend, but still haven't found a solution. I have 5 lines on my account and this is the only one with the problem.

Thanks again for your response! Hopefully I will get it resolved.

0 Likes